GM Diet Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Im going to start GM diet from day after tomorrow. I had some doubts. I have hypothyroidism n im on 125mg of thyroxin ....my levels r normal n im doing alot of exercise for the past 3months n have lost v little weight till now so wanted to try GM diet. My doctor has Said to completly avoid cabbage cz of this problem so what will be the replacement for cabbage in the wonder soup?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
N during the diet program i want be able to do all the hard strength training ex n running on the treadmill so will that have any effect on my weight or should i do the exs?

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Did your doctor tell you to avoid wheat, dairy and sugar. If you have thyroid issues nothing is worse for you than gluten. If you are eating wheat you are killing your thyroid more and more every time. However goitrogens in veg like cabbage should be avoided as much as possible as well. Just add another veg if you like, no peas, no corn.

Cooking cabbage does help reduce the goitrogens.

No you cannot do that type of exercise. Please read the exercise page at the bottom of the site. You cannot tear down muscle with no protein to rebuild until day 5.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have not been eating roti or rice for the past 1month. Instead of roti i take dosa made with 3kinds of daal. My doctor did not tell me anything about wheat. Thanks for the info.

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Het Kevin.....started my GM diet today. Wz wondering if i can have the wonder soup today or not as its not mentioned in day1. One more thing i wanted to share...yesterday when i weighed my wt wz 72.5kg but today b4 starting the diet i thought ill weigh again n it wz 73.1kgs....i got a little demotivated as to how fast my wt is fluctuating n wether this diet will help or not...but still iv started n keeping my fingers crossed!

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
you can have wonder soup everyday you need extra food. keep rolling, all hopefully will be ok in the end.
when do you weigh yourself?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I weigh in the morning usually before breakfast. Day1 went well....had alot of craving for salt which wz solven by the wonder soup. Really hopeful for tomorrow...will even weigh myself first in the morning!

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Keep rolling, hope it goes well...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts