GM Diet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am day 5 today. I would be completing GM diet on Sunday. I workout for "1" to 1 1/2 hour every morning which is a mix of strength training and cardio. Normally I used to take muesli in skimmed milk or a banana with skimmed milk before workout (before starting GM diet). Kindly suggest what is advisable to eat before workout after completing GM diet.

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
before, have some good carbs and a little protein. Milk, not a good idea, neither is muesli. White rice is a simple starch, good carb. You need a little fat and some protein to help. You also need protein afterwards within 30 minutes of that workout. Seek good carbs like fruit, stay away from gluten and processed foods.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
before, have some good carbs and a little protein. Milk, not a good idea, neither is muesli. White rice is a simple starch, good carb. You need a little fat and some protein to help. You also need protein afterwards within 30 minutes of that workout. Seek good carbs like fruit, stay away from gluten and processed foods.

Thanks a lot Kevin !! So I can have some white rice coupled with egg whites before workout on some days and fruits like banana, apple etc on other days ? I can have whey protein after workout within 30 min ? Whey protein should be mixed in skimmed milk or water ? Do you recommend taking milk any time during the day or it is not required ?

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Workouts, whey with water is fine. Egg whites, yah just protein there but the good is in the yolk, all of the nutrition.

Milk, homogenized and pasteurized to death, unless it's grass fed A2 dairy I never recommend. I eat raw cheese, that is it.

You may want to study up on the issues with regular milk.

The rice and egg is great, and some fruit is a much better choice. Keep in mind balance the carbs and the protein.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Workouts, whey with water is fine. Egg whites, yah just protein there but the good is in the yolk, all of the nutrition.

Milk, homogenized and pasteurized to death, unless it's grass fed A2 dairy I never recommend. I eat raw cheese, that is it.

You may want to study up on the issues with regular milk.

The rice and egg is great, and some fruit is a much better choice. Keep in mind balance the carbs and the protein.
Thanks a lot !! Completed 7 days today. Can I have dinner of my choice tomorrow and start eating with discipline from Tuesday onwards ?

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
not really no, the worst time to add sugar and wheat, etc will be the first week after the plan. Be careful. No diet plan can allow this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not really no, the worst time to add sugar and wheat, etc will be the first week after the plan. Be careful. No diet plan can allow this.
Thanks again and well noted. So I have to stay off sugar and wheat for another one week at least and have to take carbs in form of white rice, cucumbers, baked/boiled potatoes etc ?? Can I have potatoes at diner time ? Any other suggestions for good carbs ? When can I take alcohol ??

Thanks in advance for all your help and guidance !!

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
correct on the carbs. Your killers when it comes to your weight are likely gluten and sugar. yes you can off this diet have potato at dinnerm so long as you have some good fat with it and protein to balance it.

Plantains are great, even a banana.

I have never in my life had alcohol so could never recommend it.

:)

Anytime you need help ask...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts