GM Diet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I started this diet and weighed myself Monday morning. After day one with all fruits, I had lost 3.5 pounds. Day two was tough for me because I'm not a big veggie eater (other than salads and green beans) so I did not eat a lot at all. My day consisted of the potato with salt, pepper, and a tiny bit of butter, two pieces of cucumber and the GM Wonder soup(which I only made it through half a bowl), and lettuce. I also drank about 160 oz of water to curb my hunger! I had gained a pound when I weighed this morning. What have I done wrong?

Thanks,
Allee

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
less is not better, however see how you do after day 3, it is likely not real weight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After day three, which I only ate fruit and green beans, I did not gain or lose... My water intake was just as high as the day before... I still don't know what I'm doing wrong as I am following this meticulously. Would this have anything to do with the fact that I have been on a very low carb diet prior to starting this diet(I lost 40 pounds on that one in about 2 1/2 months)?

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
well very low carb for that ling he,ps with weight loss sure, however start adding carbs and your body freaks out basically. you were low carb way too long, so now that you are adding carbs, your body had a new set point of carb tolerance and it was too low. So now adding too many carbs really threw your body off. When do you weigh?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I weigh every morning between 707 and 715. I wear the same clothes and shoes and I don't eat or drink anything before I weigh.

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
keep going and let's see how it goes...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi. I am on day 4. Better day. If you havent been drinking lots of water beforehand your body will retain it. Day 4 now. My body is getter used to the water and weigh less as not so bloated and swishing with water!

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
nice, don't over dink the water and make sure you have salt, the body needs it, without it you will bloat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts