GM Diet Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
all the GM meal plans suggest having 1-2 glasses of water along with the meals. While increasing the overall water consumption is good, Ayurveda ( Indian traditional medicine system) advises against having water with meals. It prescribes a gap of 30 minutes between the two otherwise it delays the digestion process. What is the reason for prescribing water intake with food? Will the diet not work if water is not taken along with teh meal but taken at a gap?

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
I agree with that. I wait at least 1.5 hours myself. I will likely be changing this soon. The person creating the program made a mistake on old info.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree with that. I wait at least 1.5 hours myself. I will likely be changing this soon. The person creating the program made a mistake on old info.
Thanks Kevin for the prompt response. I was throughout in confusion with respect to this. On day 1, the suggested meal plan says melon and water, which is a strict no no in our part of the world as it may lead to severe indigestion. With this new clarity, hopefully it will work better

1 - 3 of 3 Posts