GM Diet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Kevin,

I am very thankful to you and this great forum and today I completed my GM diet and very happy to say that I lost 3 kilos, my weight at the start of the GM diet plan was 77 kilos and now it is 74 kilos, though I was expecting to shed at least 5 kilos anyways I am very happy with the result and now I really feel very light and energetic. Ideally speaking I want to bring my weight down to 65 kilos and to shed those extra 9 kilos I have to follow GM diet plan 4 to 5 times to achieve my target goal. My question is can I continue the diet plan with 2 days break or it is important to have 2 weeks break in between diet plans – your inputs.

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
I suggest 1 to 2 weeks. However after the first time you can try awaiting just a couple of days, people seem to do OK on round 2 like that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Kevin,
After a gap of 9 days I started my second GM diet plan and today is my 5th day and for breakfast I had two tomato soup and for lunch I had 3/4 bowl of white rice with 2 tomatoes. My question is can I also have rice and tomatoes for dinner too or I just have to have tomatoes. Your immediate reply will be appreciated.

One more thing, after the first diet plan I lost 3 kgs which mentioned in my above comment but before starting my second diet plan I again scaled my weight and I gained 1.5 kgs, though my diet was in full control but still I gained 1.5 Kgs.

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
beware of soup, once you cook tomato down like that it's pure carbs. The original plan with meat and tomato has few carbs, so add in a meat substitute that's pure carbs and you are eat only carbs that day.

are you eating good fat with each meal? when do you weigh?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
beware of soup, once you cook tomato down like that it's pure carbs. The original plan with meat and tomato has few carbs, so add in a meat substitute that's pure carbs and you are eat only carbs that day.

are you eating good fat with each meal? when do you weigh?

It is not exactly soup, I boiled 2 tomatoes in water for 2 to 3 minutes and smashed the tomatoes with 1/2 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste and some others hurbs and had it for breakfast. I am a non vegetrian but for GM diet plan I am following Indian vegetarian version. For lunch I had two raw tomatoes with 3/4 bowl of white rice with salt, cilantro and a green chilli and I want to know if I can follow the same for dinner too.

I checked on Tuesday 14th April 2015, before breakfast on day one of the second round of the diet plan.

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
are you having good fat. weigh right when you wake, after going potty before you eat or drink a thing

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Kevin,

Sorry for late reply as my mother was hospitalized and I was attending her. Today I finished my 2nd round of GM Diet Plan and I weigh right after waking up and I lost 2 kg and in total 2 attempts I lost 5 kg and now the real test is to maintain my weight after diet plan and for that I need your help to improve my diet habits. I have given up sugar and gluten since my first GM diet I am not taking tea or coffee.

Normally I do eat beef and other meats but for GM diet I am following Indian vegetarian diet. On day 5 to include fat and proteins I added cottage cheese to my lunch meal and on day 6 along with vegetables I added sprouts and cottage cheese for lunch meal.

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Nice to hear on the diet !!! :)
I pray your mom is well...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Kevin,

Tomorrow I am going to start my third GM diet plan. I have not checked my weight yet but I have a feeling that I might have gained some weight. Tomorrow is going to be my all fruits day so my first question is now it is mango season and can I include mangoes on my fruit days? Some days back I had my medical checkup and my Triglycerides are a little high and the doctor did not prescribed any medicines for it but recommended me to control my diet, 30 minutes of rigorous cardio exercise and include ACV in my diet so my second question is can I continue with ACV while on GM Diet Plan?

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Hello :)

mango is OK, mix it up though with some variety. If those were high that's common when folks eat processed foods, bad oils and sugar.

ACV is great, however unless you change your lifestyle ACV is pointless. It's what I call a health trick. Now keep in mind I take it daily. But it paired with a pure and healthy diet. You cannot take ACV, then head to the market and grab a bagel and thing you've done OK.

If you workout daily, with no rest, explain how that's good for your heart and body? When does your body rest from your muscles being torn completely down? I think folks think for example, oops I ate some cake I will go work it off. It does not work that way. Sugar ruins your health for example, working out may help you to control the weight portion f eating it some but sugar and the flour still do their damage to the body.
I heavily suggest you spend time on his site :)
http://chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-why-everyone-should-know-their-ldl-particle-number/
http://chriskresser.com/heart-disease/

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kevin… I am not a food junkie and I don’t even remember the last time I had processed food. Though I used to have sugar in tea or coffee but now I have completely given up sugar and gluten which I mentioned in my earlier post and I am very serious about it.

My Triglycerides are not that high and it is 162mg/dl and the normal range should be less than 150mg/dl. And I asked the doc for optimum range and anything less than 100mg/dl is considered optimal and I badly wanted to get it. Then I asked the doc is there any way I can get into that range and he advised me to control my diet and the diet plan he suggested to me is similar to your diet plan (which I am already following it) and do some cardio workouts and he also recommended me to drink 2 to 3 teaspoons of ACV. Doctor’s explanation - ACV is high in beta-carotene and is very helpful in breaking down and removing excess fat from the blood and to drink it right after waking up and again right before dinner and I started drinking it.

Thanks for posting the link and it has very useful information.

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Awesome news :)

Seems like you are doing well to me and just need some tweaks and a little different direction. Congrats on working hard and staying away from the bad foods :)

Reactions: Azharuddin

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your tweaks and your compliments. Today I completed my third GM diet and I didn’t lose much weight this time. Today morning I checked my weight and it is 71.5kgs means I have lost just half a kilo. I accurately followed the diet regime but seems like the effect has diminished.

The positive effects of GM diet plan I noticed are, it has immensely improved my digestive system, I feel very light and energetic, feel very fit like I'm in my 20s. Earlier my bulgy belly used to look like a clay pot and now it has reduced a lot and my body is getting back in shape.

I will take some break and will start the diet again till then I will follow healthy diet and stay away from risky food.

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
yes, this diet is best with a break for sure.... It;s meant to be followed by a solid lifestyle change then can be used as a boost to lose again a good chunk later. Nice you see a difference and feel better !

Reactions: Azharuddin

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Kevin,

Today is my day 5 of 4th diet round. I checked my weight before starting the diet and it was 71.5 kilos and this time I did not gained back any weight in the gap period. My stomach has become flat and there is just a little bit of fat remaining around my belly button area which is very subtle and difficult to detect. I will weigh after completing the diet and keep you posted on the progress.

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
very nice to hear :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Kevin,

I am back again with some good news. Today I completed my 4th diet plan and this time I have lost 2 kilos. Now I weigh 69.5 kilos and I feel lighter as feather. Ramadan is starting from tomorrow and it will be quite easy for me to control my diet in this one month period and I think with my trends I might lose some more weight during this period.

One question for you, while following GM diet when I get up during night for pee I feel very hungry and if I don’t eat anything then it becomes difficult to get back to sleep and this happens every day for me. In earlier diets I did not eat anything but this time depending on the day (fruits/vegetables) I ate something so that I can get back to sleep. Can I eat during night or avoid eating during night? Your suggestion will be highly appreciated.

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
do not eat during the night, try and eat no more than 2.5 hours or so before bed on normal days/nights. Eating during the night or right before bed really helps in weight gain big time. However if it's affecting your health, perhaps some veg would suffice.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Kewin,

I am back here to let you and other dieters know my progress post GM diet. It is more than 3 months that I have completed my 4th GM diet and after that all these days I have strictly followed your post diet plan and have to say it is more challenging maintaining after weight loss but thanks to your guidance and the diet plan and I have nicely maintained my weight, there is no gain no loss and I weigh the same 69.5 kg.

I am 5 feet 7 inches tall and according to your ideal weight chart I should be in the range of 63-69 kg and that means I still need to lose half kg to be at the border of ideal weight. My idea is to bring my weight down to 65 kg and in some time I will again start my diet and keep you informed.

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
wow, really nice actually, maybe with some tweaks to your normal eating plan could do the trick.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts