GM Diet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all..I just got to know about this diet plan,and am planning to go ahead. Just a few queries:

Can sprouts be eaten during this plan? If yes,on which days?
Can green tea be consumed? If yes,is there any source of sucrose we can use to sweeten it a bit,or we should just add lemon?
Also i have quite a few health issues..anemia,high cholesterol and a skin disorder called dermographism. Is it ok for me to follow this diet plan?

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
1) No sprouts, assuming you mean beans with a tiny green sprout. Hence they are still beans not a vegetable. If you are talking pure long green sprouts then yes.
2) Tea is fine with stevia only. Lemon in it is great.
3) HUH, have you ever asked for help with the proper diet for your conditions? Do you eat loads of liver type organ meats? High cholesterol? What does a normal day food menu look like for you?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1) No sprouts, assuming you mean beans with a tiny green sprout. Hence they are still beans not a vegetable. If you are talking pure long green sprouts then yes.
2) Tea is fine with stevia only. Lemon in it is great.
3) HUH, have you ever asked for help with the proper diet for your conditions? Do you eat loads of liver type organ meats? High cholesterol? What does a normal day food menu look like for you?

Thank u Kevin,for having replied so early. And also,appreciate the concern regarding my health.
*Its ironic that i have high lipid levels,inspite of being a vegetarian(no eggs too!!). Basically,its a genetic problem,coz my dad was diagnosed with it,and has also undergone angioplasty twice,which makes me all the more motivated to follow a good healthy diet!
*As far as my daily diet is concerned,its a normal Indian diet with rice,dal(pulses),vegetables and curd. Although i do admit that the past 2 yrs have been really hectic and stressful,the result being no exercise,irregular meals, loadsa junk food and a weight gain of 12 kg!
*Also,because of this weight gain,i have started developing slight knee and ankle pain on excessive walking,so i am very much in need of a healthy diet regimen to get back on track,and also to feel a bit more confident and stress free!!
*Ok i guess that was quite lengthy a post,so il stop for now. Planning to start this diet on Jan 31st..so as and when i have queries,i shall let u know. Thank u once again for having read this with so much patience!!

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Lipid levels are from oxidation and inflammation. eggs are a super food. Basically you eat poorly, you end up with scarring in the arteries and poof high cholesterol. The cholesterol saves your life. Eggs being an issue, that's so 1980's research!

So it's a lifestyle issues. Genetics, be careful there, I have had a full genetic testing, hence comes in epigenetics. Another words you may be genetically predispositioned to something, however eating poorly is what will trigger that on. Your lifestyle hence is still the issue.

I truly suggest getting a pure diet, By the way, you need good cholesterol (your brain, your cells, your hormones), I eat foods high in it, however eat a pure Paleo style diet and my numbers are perfect! Beware, eat a snickers bar for example and it will do more damage than anything. Also it's the oxidized cholesterol that's the issue. So if you are inflamed, your body will raise the cholesterol levels to deal with the inflammation. So it stays in the blood too long becoming then an issue. Eat a low inflammatory diet, No wheat. No sugar, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts