GM Diet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Kevin,
I lost only 2 KGS on this diet but its better than the nothing before lol. I'll do this again because I can see the difference inches wise.

Can you please suggest a diet plan with the following foods? (Fruits and vegs are included anyhoo)

Breakfast
South Indian breakfast - idli, dosa, poori, vada, etc.
Eggs
Bread(if ok and which type)
Milk

Lunch
Dal
Chicken
Rice ( brown or white? I hear brown rice is healthier)
Roti
Other Indian dishes like sambar, rasam, pickles

Dinner
Same items as lunch or anything else you think I should add or try.

I have a grill pan and stove top so I can't cook beyond those lol.
Also mention if I should consider alternatives to anything and mention them if you can.mention others if you can.

Thank you for your help. To provide such advice for others who live In a different country is great.

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts
OK, to make this easy, since you are in another country, think balance with your meals.
1) no wheat, no sugar, unless you want weight gain.
2) As a tall man, I do 100 to 200 carbs a day. Never have the same amount, bad for the body. Ladies normally around 75 or so as a good rule of thumb.
3) Good fats needed with each meal. So animal fats, ghee, coconut oil or palm oil. Avocado awesome.
4) Pure spices and herbs are great. Enjoy your food.
5) I use Harsch crocks and eat ferments daily. Ferments are great.
So if I were you, example I would say have some legumes and some rice with good fat. In that loads of veg. Legumes are good for the protein and have good carbs as well. Sprouts are great as well. Always soak and sprout your legumes.
6) White rice is better.
7) Beware of snacking. I eat 3 meals a day. That is it! Snacking can be tough for people have weight issues because most are metabolically broken.
8) I have a sensitivity to eggs, if you do not good pastured chicken eggs are a super food. However never overeat protein, turns to sugar in the body. I am reluctant to give this but the amount of protein should be 15 to 25. A big active man say the top of that, a woman less.
9) EAT tons of veg!!!!!!!!!

Does this help...

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts
Keep in mind rice and legumes are high in carbs, measure them. Also I don't need to lose weight, so find your tolerance. 200 likely way too high. It was for me when I was losing. Fill your belly with good veg!

Hi Kevin,
I lost only 2 KGS on this diet but its better than the nothing before lol. I'll do this again because I can see the difference inches wise.

Can you please suggest a diet plan with the following foods? (Fruits and vegs are included anyhoo)

Breakfast
South Indian breakfast - idli, dosa, poori, vada, etc.
Eggs
Bread(if ok and which type)
Milk

Lunch
Dal
Chicken
Rice ( brown or white? I hear brown rice is healthier)
Roti
Other Indian dishes like sambar, rasam, pickles

Dinner
Same items as lunch or anything else you think I should add or try.

I have a grill pan and stove top so I can't cook beyond those lol.
Also mention if I should consider alternatives to anything and mention them if you can.mention others if you can.

Thank you for your help. To provide such advice for others who live In a different country is great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for being a bit slow but when you are referring to 75 200 and those numbers, what measurements are they? Also, I need to kind of tell my family otherwise about brown rice. Could you maybe direct me to something? about it? So far I've only found articles that keep hurrahing brown rice.
I use olive oil to cook that's good right? Is myfitnesspal a good app for accurately tracking calories btw?
So when you say no wheat that means no bread? Even brown bread?

I exercise for an hour daily too. I don't have any allergies or health conditions. Why were you reluctant to give that number ( measured how again? ) for proteins?

Thanks for being patient!

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts
75 - 200, carbs. Also counting calories is pointless, FYI. Sorry, we live in a culture that teaches you such bad rules. One of my favorites is, say you eat a piece of cake, so they tell you the calories are bad, jump on a treadmill and work it off. Seriously. Break down that piece of cake. The toxic wheat, the sugar and so on. Trust me, the effects of eating that cake are for more reaching than simply calories. Also, think about this, here in the US we sell loads of fake sugar and junk foods neatly packaged into 100 calorie packages. They tell you hey it's only 100 calories. NOT! It's not even real food. Eating for example some vegetables and some olive oil - say 100 calories worth and then eating a 100 calorie cookie, do you truly think they are the same in your body?

Protein, test the waters, the number range I gave is a good starting place.

Brown rice, you should ask. Never hesitate to ask anything here, you have to start somewhere. Look at the quote below for rice. I never say something that is not deeply studied and proven.

Olive oil to cook, be careful. You cannot over heat olive oil. Beware. It's not stable at high heats. Coconut oil, palm oil and ghee would be best. I love olive oil, but never cook with it. I put it on my food afterwards. Also, did you know most olive oils on the market are not real olive oils? They are blends and they don't have to label it. Just be careful.

I seemed like a perfectly healthy person, look at my test. Look at all the red foods I cannot have. You will see wheat on my test, I did not even eat wheat, I am so sensitive to it, it showed up anyway. http://thyroidboards.com/index.html...-array-4-–-gluten-associated-cross-reacti-r22

The only way to test sensitivity to foods is to do an elimination diet if you cannot test.

Wheat, I don't care if you ferment it, love it, name it, etc, still the same result. http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/

"Because brown rice is full of phytates and lectins, which bind to vitamins and minerals and prevent them from being absorbed. Here’s an excerpt from my upcoming ebook (which you should totally join my mailing list to get updates about, because it’s going to be awesome):

Phytates are anti-nutrients found in grains and legumes. Phytates, or phytic acid, binds to minerals like zinc, copper, iron, magnesium, niacin and calcium, preventing them from being absorbed.

Phytic acid also inhibits pepsin, the enzyme needed to properly break down protein as well as amylase, the enzyme needed to break down sugar. So not only does phytic acid prevent nutrient absorption, it interferes with proper digestion.

But isn’t brown rice more nutrient dense than white? No. And let me be clear: I don’t eat rice because of it’s nutrient profile, rice in general is not a good source of vitamins or minerals. Rice is an easily absorbable form of glucose, which is why I usually eat it after a workout. While brown rice is slightly higher on the vitamin and mineral front, you have to consider that it is loaded with phytates, meaning these vitamins and minerals are not being absorbed.
- See more at: http://ancestral-nutrition.com/why-white-rice-is-healthier-than-brown-rice/#sthash.1SnsSwnH.dpuf

http://ancestral-nutrition.com/why-white-rice-is-healthier-than-brown-rice/"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts