GM Diet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting the plan tomorrow. I have read info on different websites and I found different suggestions in regards to tea intake and oil intake. I even bought a book on kindle and surprisingly it doesn't say anything about tea at all. So here are my questions:
1) Some websites say black tea with stevia is good. Some say that black is not allowed but green is good. Some advise to stay away from green. I want to know if I can have black tea and coffee with stevia. (and is it ok to add a dash of low fat milk?) I am prone to migraines and need my cup of tea everday.
2) 2nd day onwards (when I am eating veggies, how much amount of oil can I consume per day? From different threads on this website, I gathered that I can use vinegerate dressing and one tsp olive oil but I want to know how much olive oil can I consume in 1 day so I can stir-fry my veggies and also chose the dressing.
3) Can I use other condiments like hot sauce, soy sauce etc?

Would really appreciate a quick reply.

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
First I will say I only help with what's here. Sorry, these are dull plans off the original that not surprisingly offer ZERO SUPPORT. Hence you are here asking me.

herbal teas are OK, no sweetener unless stevia.
no milk
migraines are a sign of health issues, tea does not fix them, so please be careful there.

We discuss what we allow on our plan, please read it. There is oil in the soup from sauteing veg. a dash of oil does not hurt those first few days.

No sauces unless they were actually pure. most contain to much junk salt, MSG, and bad oils.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First I will say I only help with what's here. Sorry, these are dull plans off the original that not surprisingly offer ZERO SUPPORT. Hence you are here asking me.

herbal teas are OK, no sweetener unless stevia.
no milk
migraines are a sign of health issues, tea does not fix them, so please be careful there.

We discuss what we allow on our plan, please read it. There is oil in the soup from sauteing veg. a dash of oil does not hurt those first few days.

No sauces unless they were actually pure. most contain to much junk salt, MSG, and bad oils.

Good luck :)

Thanks much, Kevin. Appreciate your prompt reply.
  • Would you consider black tea (leaf) as herbal tea?
  • Regarding migraines, you are right, teas does not fix them. However, lack of caffeine causes withdrawal headaches sometimes. :(
  • Lastly, is it ok to have salad with a vinegarate dressing?
Thanks
Neena

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
No, black tea is not herbal, although a cup would not hurt.
It does cause withdrawals. Bad food cause it to when you come off them. Just making a point, at least you know then :)
is it homemade? If not no because the junk oils are a killer like canola, vegetable, sunflower, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts