GM Diet Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I started today, so far so good. Was wondering if I really can eat as much of that soup as I want. I've had about 3 small bowls today along with 2 apples and a satsuma. It's cold here in England and so fruit is not so appetising but the soup is lovely and warming and feels so healthy to eat. If I eat a lot of the soup will it affect how much weight I lose?

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts
Sure, that soup has little to no carbs. It's a filler really. It has great fiber and good minerals. Folks that eat the soup always seem to do far better. This assuming you did not use corn, beans or peas and did not use too many carrots.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brilliant, that's great Kevin thanks. My soup is exactly like the wonder soup on this website (no extras) so good to know.

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts
Good :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Kevin, sorry to bother you again... are we allowed tomatoes and peppers on day 2? I was going to eat them and then realised that technically they are actually fruits so thought I'd check. No weight loss so far, but pretty sure I did nothing wrong so trusting the process.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just looked at the sample menu for day two and it answered my question about the tomatoes :)

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts
tomato, best to not, but 1 or so is OK. Peppers are more a spice, have as you like. When do you weigh?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I weigh myself first thing in the morning. Day three and think I've lost about half a kilo now. Not as much as I'd hoped but it's a start. I let myself have a bit of parsnip last night as it was vegetable day but I was craving something sweet. I'm guessing this is not great as it tastes carby.
I do feel remarkably clear headed today. Maybe I'm not losing the weight but I feel it is doing me some good. Looking forward to bananas and milk :)

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts
Keep it rolling and see what the next few days bring, you are doing well. make sure you weigh in the morning, right when you wake, after going potty and before you eat or drink anything,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Morning of day four, and I've lost a kilo all together, which is still slower than I hoped but a big jump from the last few days. Starting to find it a bit hard. Even though I'm not hungry I do feel pretty weak, my body knows it's not getting something it needs. Yesterday was a stressful day (my boiler packed in) and it made me want to quit in the late evening. I abstained and stuck with fruit to satiate. I think the shock of yesterday took it's toll on my nerves. Hopefully the milk today will replenish that. I'm going with goat milk as I don't drink cow milk.
Yesterday was the hardest day. Weird as most of the day went so well. I think it must have been the boiler.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I should probably add that I usually find it impossible to go to the toilet in the morning until after drinking my tea or eating something. I think I need that intake to stimulate peristalsis. So when I weigh myself I guess it's not my true weight. But I don't know how to get around this as by the time I've been to the toilet I have a belly full of water or food. So maybe I've actually lost a kilo and a half, it's hard to tell.

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts
You likely have, I never weigh myself now, I know I am doing my best and have never wavered even a tiny bit. However I do have to make sure my carbs stay at 100 to 200. Or even on a perfect diet so to speak you can gain...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
100 to 200 what? is that grams? I could see that as a good way to control weight gain. Last night was really hard to sleep. My nervous system isn't enjoying this. Yesterday I ate 3 bananas and found the day easy, it's the nights I find hard. Today the beef tasted divine! Still no more weight loss. I started this on 59 kilos and now I'm 58. Weird I think as I can feel my body burning it's own fat.

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts
100 to 200 carbs a day. ladies usually much less.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I successfully completed the diet. Lost about 2 kilos. Which I thought was pretty good for one week, not as much as I'd hoped but about double what I normally lose in a week on a diet. I now fit my skinny jeans again. Feel like it did my whole system good too. My skin is healthier and I have more energy. Will prob do it again in the New Year to detox. Wanted to say thank you for your support and this website. It helped me to stick with it :)

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts
Always happy to help any time you need it :)
Sometimes inches lost are greater than the number of the weight ....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts