GM Diet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Kevin, I am a new member to this forum and about to Start a 7 day diet program in couple of days (targeting Jan 30). I am 198 lbs and want to lose about 20 to 25 lbs. Any special recommendations which could be part of this 7 days diet prog? I also do circuits and weight training at the gym, is it OK to continue or should I switch to Cardio only?
Also is it OK to replace brown rice with Quinoa?

Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Hello :)

Quinoa is fine...

Do not over workout the first 3 or 4 days, you have no protein to rebuild muscle. All of the working out in the world cannot help you if you do not refine your overall diet after this plan. Many people think it's all about workout to make up for the bad food they eat, It does not work that way...

Keep me posted

Reactions: Zahid Chaudhry

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply... I will keep you posted once I start the program. I will stick to the light Cardio like walking on treadmill or elliptical for 20 to 30 mins.
I am planning to use skim milk instead of almond milk, to replace beef i will use eggs/chicken breast or Tilapia Fish fillet and hot water with apple cider vinegar during this prog. I am excited :)

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
sounds good to me actually :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Kevin... One of your post in forum says that White rice is better than brown rice since it brown rice are hard to digest and on the other hand i found the following in Diet recipe.... Also as per diet plan, on day 2 one potato is recommended but potato is also a form of starch

Starch

The only form of starch allowed in the GM diet is brown rice. Brown rice is eaten on the seventh day of the diet together with vegetables and dairy. It is important to eat only brown rice as it is high in fiber and low in calories. White rice is rather rich in carbohydrates and will only foster calorie buildup in the body.
There you go, a quick and really easy to remember grocery list. Like we mentioned before, this diet is really easy to follow and easy on the wallet too. Good luck and happy dieting

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
that needs to be changed to either brown or white. Potato is fine for breakfast and is needed. Potatoes are a good carb.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is there an alternative for Tomatoes? Like for Day 2, tomatoes are required for lunch ...Can we replace it completely with something else?
And for breakfast, shall i just boil the potato in a water and the eat with a butter? How much quantity of butter is required?

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Just pick another veg instead of tomato.

boiling it is great. teaspoon or a little more...
Is there an alternative for Tomatoes? Like for Day 2, tomatoes are required for lunch ...Can we replace it completely with something else?
And for breakfast, shall i just boil the potato in a water and the eat with a butter? How much quantity of butter is required?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is you 7 days diet plan updated and most recent on the link gmdietworks.com ?
One of the post says to have protein (chicken) on day 6 or 7 but day 7 doesnt say that...?
So white basmati rice is better to have as compared to brown rice during this plan?
I am starting this diet from Feb 1.... Please feel free to tell me any suggestions or recommendation. By they i have a high BP issue

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
rice only day 7, look at each day in the sidebar of gmdietworks.com
are you on any meds?

chicken is fine day 5 and 6.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes I take one pill a day (4mg, very low dose)... looking forward to start diet from tomorrow (Feb 2). I will start giving you updates momentarily from tomorrow...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Kevin

Tomorrow (Feb 2) is first my day of GM diet plan. My first day meals are as follows:

Breakfast 8:45am - 1 apple with skin and 2 glasses of water (240 ml each)
Green tea 9:30 am
Mid Morning snack 10:30 am - 1 bowl of papaya with 2 glass of water (240 ml each)
Lunch 12:30 noon - 1 bowl of Water Melon with water
After Noon snack 3:00 - 1 fist of almonds (raw and unsalted)
Evening - Green tea
Dinner 7:30 pm - Melon with water

Let me know if you suggest any change in first diet mentioned above. Wish me all the best :)

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
No nuts or seeds? Big mistake... Where did you read that at?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK will eliminate almonds.... Thank GOD I did not take any :)
apples with skin are OK or need to be removed?
Please advise if it is OK to take Metamucil?

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
skin is fine, beware of junk supplements that are all marketing and no substance. Pure - organic is best. Metamucil, just a really poor quality product.... Have you read the ingredients? Run, they could not be worse. Fiber does not need that garbage in it.... :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Agreed. Metamucil has yellow 6 and aspartame. I normally take 4 times a week as per my doctor suggestion since it is a refined form of husk.
Anyways, here is an update on my GM diet - Started yesterday (Feb 2) weight 193 lbs. Weight on day 2 (Feb3) early in the morning was 190 lbs. I am loving it... Today (day 2) I am starting my day with green tea and a baked potato with little desi ghee. In mid-day day snack I will take cabbage & water. Lunch will be cucumber salad with tomatoes and little olive oil. Afternoon snack will be kale/lettuce with green tea. Dinner will be cabbage, kale & cucumber salad with water

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Look at it this way. I went to a doctor, had a kidney stone (Turns out my Vitamin D levels were to high and I was low in K2). I went to the doctor only to have my urine tested to make sure I have no infection, you never want to harm your kidneys. They do not heal well or easily. The doc could have cared less about my diet, what I ate, etc. However I needed the doc for the test.

Take you health into you own hands, read ingredients. Stop with bad oils. Cut wheat and all gluten. If you do not, you will not heal, you will not get well and you will not keep the weight off. You have to make a lifestyle change.

Hang in there :)

Agreed. Metamucil has yellow 6 and aspartame. I normally take 4 times a week as per my doctor suggestion since it is a refined form of husk.
Anyways, here is an update on my GM diet - Started yesterday (Feb 2) weight 193 lbs. Weight on day 2 (Feb3) early in the morning was 190 lbs. I am loving it... Today (day 2) I am starting my day with green tea and a baked potato with little desi ghee. In mid-day day snack I will take cabbage & water. Lunch will be cucumber salad with tomatoes and little olive oil. Afternoon snack will be kale/lettuce with green tea. Dinner will be cabbage, kale & cucumber salad with water

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I weighed myself this morning (day 3) and it turned out to be 188 lbs. I am going to rely on water, fruits and salads thourghout today (Day 3)

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
sounds good

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update on Day 4... No change in weight, still at 188 lbs
Day 4th diet will be all fluids including soup, banana shakes, water and green tea

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.