GM Diet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi kewin
im an indian and chappathi is a must for lunch and dinner,rice can be avoided though.you say to go through a gluten free diet so as to stop the weight gain.have you got any solution for this?

·
Administrator
2,304 Posts
Why is it necessary? I really would love to learn why. Wheat is in everything here, and it is not necessary. Happy to share thoughts here, but curious about this first. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:p because I'm used to it.i love chapatis and without it a meal would be incomplete for me.i eat two maximum,but one chapati would do.is that a bad option?what else do you suggest a complete meal for an indian?

·
Administrator
2,304 Posts
:)
Well it's no different here. People love bread. And have you seen the health of this country and the studies on wheat, etc?
Options could be:
1) Learn to bake gluten free. rice flour, etc.
2) Use rice, white organic, rice is a simple starch.
3) Learn to say who cares. Is your health worth it?
4) Try other foods, like plantains for carbs, etc. There are loads of recipes out there where you can bake using various gluten free flours and such.

People think I am weird. They ask me all the time, "so you won;t eat and Chick Fil A"? You don't go out to eat? I eat only free range meats, veg and simple starches for my carbs and little fruit and I'm weird? They eat foods with colored dye's, toxic chemicals, pesticides, GMO foods, bleached foods, foods with trans fats and so on goes the list. Yet I'm weird. It's actually quite comical.

Look for gluten free junk food and start there. You have to start there. I say that because you seem reluctant to give up wheat, You better replace it with something or you may fail easily. Then from there refine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm you are right.but it takes a lot of motivation.the thing is i stay with my in laws and to stay under controlled is quite hard.they are very poor when it comes to a healthy diet.fruits and vegetables are completly out of their list.i follow the gm diet when i stay with my family.so you say that rice is better than chapathi.you mean the white rice?

·
Administrator
2,304 Posts
I'm not saying it's easy by all means :) Hang in there... But, don't leave your health in their hands, you will ultimately end up the one dealing with it in the end, not them.

yes white but having it balanced with protein, good fat, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts