GM Diet Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a vegetarian, and I typically eat a similar diet, though I do have the occasional piece of fish, but I have a few questions about things that I can/can't eat.

Are potatoes limited to just the one baked on morning 2? I was thinking that an aloo gobi could be a flavorful dish that is safe on the diet, but if only one potato is allowed, I can just eliminate it from the recipe.

Can I substitute the beef with a piece of fish, like a tuna steak or a mahi mahi burger?

Can I eat quinoa, buckwheat, triticale, rye, oats, barley in the place of plain brown rice? Kashi makes a wonderful 7 whole grain pilaf that has high fiber and protein? Quinoa is a cenopod, same family as spinach, so I would think it would be a good option for any vegetable days.

I make my own onion soup mix from vegetarian beef boullion, dehydrated onions, onion powder and pepper, which eliminates many of the chemicals in the lipton packets such as cornstarch, sugar, caramel coloring and the questionable "natural flavors." I assume this would be fine substitution for the Wonder Soup. Can homemade gazpacho be eaten, as it is all vegetables?

A few other food items that I was curious about:
Walden Farms salad dressing, which is completely free of sugar, fat, calories, gluten. The nutritional facts panel reads ALL zeroes.
tahini
tofu
nutritional yeast
soya sauce/Bragg's Aminos
seaweed
flavored seltzer, also all zeros on Nutritional panel

Thanks in advance!
Marbles

1 - 1 of 1 Posts