GM Diet Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand corn is not good. but why no peas or beans. Peas are natural food , good of protein. Isnt it?

I also see from your replies that you suggest coconut oil instead of sunflower oil?
Also u suggest to use coconut..Wont it increase weight?

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Peas are a legume and if I said eat peas that's all people would eat. They are higher in carbs than a normal veg (Which in a balance meal after this program is awesome). So yes, peas are natural - I eat them at least 5 times a week. However each day has a carb balance that must e maintained. Once again if I said peas were OK, then people would not just eat a few, they would eat only peas, also carrot and corn.

Let me ask you this first, do you think a machined, normally rancid oil like sunflower in a plastic bottle will not cause weight gain. My suggestion is to study the health benefits of coconut oil. Basically it goes straight to the liver (most of it), doesn ot have to be processed by the gallbladder and gets used as energy. These machined junk oils were needed when the US went to war (WWII), the Philipines were a part of it, so no more coconut oil, so we had to invent our own, over processed oils.

Green beans are OK in moderation. Beans/legumes are not until after the program unless you use them as a meat replacement.

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
I understand corn is not good. but why no peas or beans. Peas are natural food , good of protein. Isnt it?

I also see from your replies that you suggest coconut oil instead of sunflower oil?
Also u suggest to use coconut..Wont it increase weight?

Not to mention sunflower oil is super high in Omega 6's and causes inflammation big time.
coconut oil a good pure variety is actually considered a super food. The MCT oil in it is amazing...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the clarification Kevin. You are awesome. I was in my day 2 yesterday and had green peas and in the night couldn't control the craving and had a cup of Poha. Have I broken the diet? should I start again?

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
The peas were OK somewhat. But not the POHA
Just keep rolling... :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I missed my diet on end of Day 4. I was able to sustain through the milk & banana day. But as usual @ the end of the day between 10 pm to 12 pm is where I tend to loose my determination. I had rice yesterday night as I couldn't stop it. I have lost the game. I weighed myself and found that I have reduce less than a KG. I have failed in the diet and lost the determination. I am very upset and de-motivated. I don't feel like I will be able to reach this again. I have lost it.

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Hang in there, it can happen. The soup is the key to survival to me on day 4. Any day actually you need extra food. Take a day off. The key here is a lifestyle change. To me sugar and gluten free are a must. That;s what we want to get you towards :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts