GM Diet Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to start the diet but I realized that watermelon season is almost over and I couldn't find any of them anywhere, can I instead just go with cantaloupe and other fruits ?
Also on day 5 and 6 can I replace beef with rotisserie chicken?

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts
yes you can go with cantaloupe for sure, or something else, that is no problem. Changes may need to be made based on what's local to you :)

Yes but make sure you make the chicken, if it's store bought you don't want to know where the bird came from and what's in it. Bad NEWS!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Kevin

Thanks for the reply, I thought I could skip the process of preparing chicken
But anyhow I can prepare, any recipes you have?
I should say you are doing a great job helping people like me loose weight
I would like to know more about you going forward...

Thanks again

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts
Always happy to help :)

Ask anything you like. Here is a link I will share, you will see I am technically allergic to anything in red.

I am strict, but I know what it takes though to try and keep the weight off even. As health issue stack up it gets harder. basically this test means my body thinks every food in red is wheat, they act like wheat, have a similar protein molecule thus my body reacts severely.
http://thyroidboards.com/forums/topic/11132-my-experience-with-cyrex-labs-array-4-gluten-test/

recipes, I tend to eat spicy peppers on everything and eat simply.

Chicken, I normally cook in a crockpot with loads of spices. I normally throw in some veg at the end to soak up the tasty broth....

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts
no, sorry. drinking juice is like drinking pure sugar, not good...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
eating fruits is also not allowed on day 5 and 6? and I think veggies should be fine right?

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts
yes, be sure you are reading each day carefully :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello Kevin

I finished my GM diet 8 days back and lost about 7 pounds and since then I have my stomach bloated most of the times, any advice?

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts
What has you diet been like? Are you eating wheat?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Post GM diet, I have fall back to my regular diet which has rice as staple but not too much of it
No wheat at all...

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts
what does a day look like? Rice is a simple starch and a good carb. However if you have a sensitivity to it (I do, I tested and I have one) then it can cause issues.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
basically cereal and milk in breakfast, rice and some curry in lunch, snack like fruit or nut in the evening if hungry and a couple of wheat bread (chapati) which looks like tortillas for dinner, but I haven't had any wheat since more than 18 days and I didnt had any problem before while I was having wheat...the issues seems to be after I finished my GM diet

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts
Well clean up your diet for 7 days and life changes. Go back to eating what you are eating and you will notice. What happens is you learn to live with issues. But when they are gone WOW.

Trust me, I would Google "Wheat Belly". The diet you are on is what I would do if I wanted to gain loads of weight. If you are bloated it's not the 7 day diets fault, trust me you likely have food sensitivity issues to wheat or something else you are eating.

You diet has ZERO balance. You appear to barely eat, bu tI guarantee you eating what you are and that little of food will result in weight gain.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was always in the belief that if my intake is less than required calorific value...i might loose weight, at least not gain weight...but sometimes as you said I gained a little weight now and then but whats the reason?

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts
Here is the issue, well there are tons of issues with that concept. 1, it was invented in the US where they have no clue what it really means. Basically that lifestyle sells magazine shows and helps weight loss shows like the Biggest Loser, keeping in mind over 90% gain their weight back.

Basically you have created a new set point in your body. So say you do 1500 calories a day, then anything eventually over that will result in weight gain. But that's not all. 1500 calories then starts causing you weight gain. Also we live in a world where we sell 100 calorie cookies for example. Do you think that 100 calories of cookies is the same of 100 calories of vegetables with olive oil? No, not the same at all.

Please spend some time reading this site, you need balance. http://chriskresser.com/the-3-step-process-to-determining-your-ideal-carbohydrate-intake

1 - 18 of 18 Posts