GM Diet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I heard alot about this diet and also know a friend who tried it and has lost alot of weight with the diet. I began on 9th Sept'14 and stuck to the sample menu of Day-1. Lost 1.5 Kgs when weighed in on Day-2...

Day-2 was a bit boring compared to Day-1. Was wishing I could have some good spicy sprouts and corn dish that's shown in the recipe (Is that allowed when you say VEG?). Not sure if I should stick to the sample menu and timings or I can eat the required food anytime I feel hungry?

Day-3 put on 300 gms more compared to Day-2. Following the sample menu to the T. I had a glass of freshly squeezed grapefruit before the bowl of papaya and some watermelon and a few slices of apple (not sure if the combination of fruits will affect the diet). Still wishing I could have some good stir fry veggies but oil is still not allowed right?

If anyone knows please share your views.

·
Administrator
2,304 Posts
you can add spices, peppers and herbs as you like. Enjoy the food you can have. Corn, literally only a little allowed in that dish. It technically is not a veg but a grain and does nothing for the health of your body.

best to stick to the plan, you can have that veg soup when you like and you can spice it up.

a teaspoon of oil is OK. fruit you can mix as you need or like, or what you find best locally.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you can add spices, peppers and herbs as you like. Enjoy the food you can have. Corn, literally only a little allowed in that dish. It technically is not a veg but a grain and does nothing for the health of your body.

best to stick to the plan, you can have that veg soup when you like and you can spice it up.

a teaspoon of oil is OK. fruit you can mix as you need or like, or what you find best locally.
Hi...

On day 6 today but only 2.5 ks lost :(

Had green sprouts wid stir fried veggies wide tofu & a bowl of red rice (split between breakfast & lunch. Is it okay if I do a light beef stir fry & wonder soup for dinner tonight? (Not adjusted to the red rice taste that's y). Please let me know. Or if I had the bowl of rice I cannot do beef for dinner (250 gas lean beef strips).

Looking forward to hearing from u.

Also do I HAVE To eat brown rice on day 7? Instead of fruit juices can I eat lots of mixed fruits?

·
Administrator
2,304 Posts
Hello

I personally hate juices, drinking carbs bad, drinking sugar filled juices whether it's fruit sugar or not is bad. So yes you can have some fruit. You can do quinoa, red or white rice in stead. Beef only works a ton better than rice or another meat. Rice is a vegetarian option only. So for meat eaters only do meat. Also eating less is not better. you want good healthy meals. 2.5ks seems great so far.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick reply :)

So that means I can do a beef strips stir fry for dinner tonight even tho I have had rice & veggies for breaky & lunch?

And I can do beef on the last day as well yeah? No need for the red rice then!!!

So my 7th day will be beef strips veggies & fruits..thats fine yeah?

·
Administrator
2,304 Posts
well no, if you look at the original plan, not the vegetarian, day 7 is a vegetarian day, only eat beef day 5 and 6.

NO beef day 7 :)
Sorry, you should have only had beef or another meat day 5 and 6.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well no, if you look at the original plan, not the vegetarian, day 7 is a vegetarian day, only eat beef day 5 and 6.

NO beef day 7 :)
Sorry, you should have only had beef or another meat day 5 and 6.
Thank you Kevin.

I just had a weigh in this morning & seem to have gained half a kilogram since yesterday :( :(

No worries..will go through the last day today & then get it all right the next time I follow this diet : (first time so a lot of doubts & mix ups)

Just making sure again: I'm gonna have fruits & veggies wid brown rice all day today...& try to have the wonder soup too in between meals (this can be had on all days whenever one feels hungry right? Coz in the diet plan I see it comes in only from day 4).

Thanks again for the help :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Kevin,

My 7th day today & my weigh in this morning showed I gained half a kilo more :'( (so totally in 7 days I lost 2.5 ks but gained half kilo more so it's 2kgs)

Day 1 & 2 went as per the plan. However I did sauté some veggies in some olive oil wid garlic to make it more palatable.

Day 3: was as per the plan

Day 4: 1 glass of low fat milk & a banana for breaky, mid-morning one banana, wonder soup in the afternoon, banana & 1 glass of milk for mid afternoon, wonder soup & a banana for dinner (did i drink the right amount of milk? If not can u tell me what's the exact quantity we need to consume in the full day..tell me in litres please)

Day 5: (cooked a soup of 250 gms beef strips wid two tomatoes for the full day - please tell me the exact quantity of beef one needs to consume throughout this day in grams/kilos please)

Breaky: a small bowl of beef soup
Lunch: small bowl of beef soup + 1 tomato
Dinner: small bowl soup +3 tomatoes

Day 6: (a bit of a mix up here - I cooked one cup raw red rice which turned into quite a lot & thought I had to eat all of that OMG :/ although I dint :) )
Breaky: stir fry veggies wid tofu in a test of olive oil, green moong sprouts, half bowl red rice
Lunch: same as above
Dinner: two spoon fulls of red rice & a spoon of home cooked lentils (since I dint like the taste of red rice alone) very little of the veggies

Day 7: breaky I had a bowl full of papaya & melon
Mid morning: bowl of wonder soup
Lunch: (sautéd spinach in olive oil wid onions garlic & green chillies) wid a bowl of red rice with chopped cucumber salad
Early evening: 2 kiwis & a pear chopped
Dinner: only the sautéd spinach as above, a bowl of wonder soup & half bowl of red rice

That has been my schedule for the last week. Kevin please tell me where have I gone wrong.

If u can tell me the total quantity of beef in kilos that needs to be consumed on day 5 & 6 per day, also the brown rice should be just one bowl for the entire day? Or per meal?

Can home cooked seasoned lentils be consumed with the brown rice for flavour?
Can chickpeas, green & brown moong sprouts & kidney beans be eaten on the day of veggies?

Maybe my breakfast time was also to be blamed because I wake up at 5 am, after getting the kids ready for school, going to the gym & then finishing my house work I used to have my breakfast around 9:30/10:00 am (could this have anything to do wid the less weight I have lost)

Am just clarifying all this so when I do get back on the second cycle....I don't make the same mistakes & get better results. Also not to mention I hit the gym in the mornings for 45 minutes everyday.

Look forward to hearing from you :)

·
Administrator
2,304 Posts
Hello

Your plan looks fine mostly. Meat is say 120 to 150 grams per meal.

Don't mix rice and legumes, or don't mix rice and tofu. Pick 1. If you eat meat, then day 6 eat meat, beef, chicken, something. Please study some the negative health effects tofu can have or does have, It's a processed food, not natural at all. It is so bad for you.

The oiled veg is a really bad idea and bad start to day 1. Sorry. Your plan actually looks great though. but a big no no on the oiled veg. normally you want good fat with your veg, the vitamins are fat soluble and need it.

Lots of factors, especially hormones for ladies can mess this plan up and any other diet. Do you know of any health issues you may possibly have? Do you tend to carry more weight in your stomach?

Hang in there... :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for your quick response. But I thought you mentioned olive oil was good fats & upto a teaspoon can be used for sautéing right? I kind of read it in the other posts.

1) What about the milk, how much milk totally in the day?
2) what about the wonder soup...All days when hungry or comes in only from day 4?
3) can chickpeas & sprouts be eaten on the veggie days?
4) on day 7 it's two bowls of brown rice split thru the day's meals right?

You dint mention about my time gap between waking & actually having breakfast (4.5 hours).could that also affect the results?

No I don't have any health issues so far thank god :) but I do have a bit of weight on my tummy after two kids :

Yeah I mixed up with the rice & tofu... I always thought tofu was healthy but anyways won't do that again.

Look forward to hearing from you on the clarifications to the above so when I start the next cycle I get it all right :) thank you once again

·
Administrator
2,304 Posts
If it was only that much oil you are fine :)

1) 3 6 - 8 oz glasses.
2) any day when you are hungry
3) No chickpeas cannot, they are not veggies, have carbs and protein. Sprouts, just a few can yes.
4) yes correct.

No you time gap will be fine. Most people do not keep normal food time gaps.

You are doing great. Keep in mind after the diet will be the key for you. You have to make a lifestyle change. Most the people that come here think good fats are the demon not wheat and sugar. I lifestyle change can really change your life.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If it was only that much oil you are fine :)

1) 3 6 - 8 oz glasses.
2) any day when you are hungry
3) No chickpeas cannot, they are not veggies, have carbs and protein. Sprouts, just a few can yes.
4) yes correct.

No you time gap will be fine. Most people do not keep normal food time gaps.

You are doing great. Keep in mind after the diet will be the key for you. You have to make a lifestyle change. Most the people that come here think good fats are the demon not wheat and sugar. I lifestyle change can really change your life.
Thank you Kevin for all the advice & clarifications :)

Looking forward to beginning my new cycle & this time getting it right...my body still is in diet mode even on day 8 ;) & just eating a little amount of food gives me a 'full' feeling.

·
Administrator
2,304 Posts
Keep me posted, always happy to try and help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Kevin,

On day 2 & 3 can I make a soup of fresh greens & veggies (in a pressure cooker) instead of eating them raw?

Also on day 4 can I have soya milk instead of low fat milk? Same quantity right? As low fat milk (3 glasses)?????

Please lemme know :)

·
Administrator
2,304 Posts
yes you can eat the veg like that.

can you use almond milk maybe, soy so so bad for you. 4 glasses. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
4 glasses of milk on day 4?? In one of ur earlier replies above u mentioned '3' 6-8oz glasses of milk... Please clarify

Thank u for ur help always :)

·
Administrator
2,304 Posts
sorry mistype, it's 4 reg - large bananas, 3 glasses of milk.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hello there,

On day-4 do we have to have the banana & milk together or the 4 bananas & 3 glasses of milk can be spread out & had at different times?

Day -5 has only three meals & no snacks right? So do I need to stick to only three meals or I could spread out the 450 grams beef & 6 tomatoes spread out & had at different times during the day?

·
Administrator
2,304 Posts
day 4, spread out if you like.
no snacks day 5 unless you have wonder soup. best to do it in 3 meals....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Kevin,

For the day-7 it's two bowls of cooked rice spread out during the day....but bowl sizes can vary. So can u tell me approx how much should it be in grams (uncooked) so I will know once it's cooked that that's the quantity I have to eat through the day.

Thanks in advance :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts