GM Diet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually have low blood pressure and low blood sugar. My hands shake if i go Hungary for too long and am also vegetarian. I want to lose about 5lbs - 10lbs. I don't have any issues, as long as I eat about 4 small meals a day and make sure I get some salt and sugary. I was thinking of doing this diet and thought i'll add salt to fruit and veggies to make sure i don't get low bp. What can I do for low blood sugary? Can I just eat a sweet fruit whenever I feel light headed? I really want to do this diet but kind of confused about what I can do to make sure I don't faint.

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Well seems like you sure need good fats, does your doc talk about that any? You just need to do your best. I do not know all of your details. Are you diabetic or hypoglycemic?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for the reply. The doctor hasn't really diagnosed me with anything. The last time I got checked ( 1 yr ago), I was told my protein level, hemoglobin etc is all normal. He said because I am vegetarian, its normal to have lower BP and feel dizzy if I don't eat. He said to just eat peanuts when I feel week and to eat small meals throughout the day so ensure I am never hungry. Based on my search online, I came to the conclusion that I might have Hypoglycemia. Based on my past experience, I have noticed that if I don't eat salty foods I feel tired and hungry and if I don't eat sugar I feel weak. Thats why I was wondering if GM diet is okay for me and what substitutions I can make.

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Well his advice is bizarre IMO. Peanuts are the worst food. However eating small meals is understandable if you have a med condition. I suggest consider balanced small meals, like a meal would have good fat, good protein, some good carbs and some great veg. FYI, your body needs salt, a quality salt like a Himalayan salt. Sugar is junk food, so nice you do not eat it. what does a normal day of food look like for you? hang in there :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well his advice is bizarre IMO. Peanuts are the worst food. However eating small meals is understandable if you have a med condition. I suggest consider balanced small meals, like a meal would have good fat, good protein, some good carbs and some great veg. FYI, your body needs salt, a quality salt like a Himalayan salt. Sugar is junk food, so nice you do not eat it. what does a normal day of food look like for you? hang in there :)

I do eat balanced meals and usually don't have any issue. I eat eggs, green smoothies, fruits, indian food for dinner and sometimes eating out on weekends. I just want to lose some weight so I can reach my goal weight. Day 5, 6, 7 of GM diet will be okay since we can eat protein and good fats. On vegetable days I can boil the vegetables and add some salt. On fruit day, what can I do? I can add some salt to fruits for low bp but what can I do for low blood sugar?

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
you can boil veg and add spices as you like. balanced? care to share what you eat, what you put is vague. fruit day eat as you need, do more veg and have some good fat with them and spices if you must, Have you asked your doc?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts