GM Diet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am 25 yrs n weigh around 63.I had recently tried gm diet plan.. Its doing wonders,but i am confused about how to maintain myself aftr the diet plan so that i don't regain my wight.
My normal diet plan is
Breakfast 2rotis and a veg sabji
Lunch white rice,either fish curry or mix veg n dal
Dinner 2 rotis and mix veg
Occasionally pulaos
I love beef.. I drink green tea without sugar.. Don't have much craving for sweets.
I rarely eat junk food.
Kindly guide me what all i can do based on my food habits.What changes do i have to make?

It would be a great help..

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts
Well wheat is junk food, junk carbs and toxic to say the least.

The key is balance. Your fish meal is the only one with some balance.
Balance is good carbs (rice, tubers like potato, fruit, legumes, etc) (I do 100 to 200 a day). Then you need good fats, from meat, grass fed butter, ghee, olive oil, coconut or palm oil. You then need protein, meat or legumes even.
Here is what I do, look at the top 2 posts.
http://gmdietforums.com/forums/gm-diet-after-day-7.6/

look there and then we can chat....

Reactions: Alia

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am allergic to eggs,cant have it.sprouts, paneer are fine..

What can i have on breakfast which keeps me full for longer as i couldn't grab any thing in my office..
How many days a week can i have beef or chicken?
Pld recommend me a diet plan i am confused

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes kevin, I had gone through the post u highlighted.. M senfing u a sample pls tell me if its ok

Bf

Fruits
Lunch
White rice,mix veg n dal

Dinner
White rice,either fish,chicken or beef

Snacks
Green tea n biscuits

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts
Sure, I will work something up tomorrow :)

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts
OK, I am unsure what foods you have locally.

You can have the foods you are used to (Well I still say cut all sugar and wheat/gluten).

But each meal should be balanced. Females should normally have around 75 carbs a day or so. you want it to vary each day as well so that your body does not get caught in a rut so to speak. Never eat biscuits and unless you are trying to gain weight.

So for breakfast, example I have a meat dish, seasoned with peppers, just 1 veg and my carb is sweet potato (yams) hash browns. The good fat is ghee and coconut oil. Also I eat about 4 oz of meat.

Then I go to lunch. I vary this, some times I have fresh veg juice with a collagen protein in it, with some good fat if I am not that hungry. Sometimes a protein shake. The fruit is my good carbs, good fat is coconut and so on. Or I will do something similar to breakfast.

Dinner I do all sorts of things from baked fish, to fajitas, etc.

I tested allergic to all grains. So my main carbs right now are plantains, yams, squashed and fruit. That's it. Actually I love plantain flour and bake with it. I eat peppers with every meal. They key here is balance. Balance of protein, good fat and good carbs. I am of course gluten free. I never eat sugar, never eat processed foods and never eat out.

Stay way from bad oils like vegetable, canola, sunflower and over veg oils. DO coconut oil, palm oil, olive oil, grassfed butter or ghee. And naturally occurring animal fats.

I may eventually add sprouted legumes to my diet but am not ready yet. hope this helps guide you some.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, I am unsure what foods you have locally.

You can have the foods you are used to (Well I still say cut all sugar and wheat/gluten).

But each meal should be balanced. Females should normally have around 75 carbs a day or so. you want it to vary each day as well so that your body does not get caught in a rut so to speak. Never eat biscuits and unless you are trying to gain weight.

So for breakfast, example I have a meat dish, seasoned with peppers, just 1 veg and my carb is sweet potato (yams) hash browns. The good fat is ghee and coconut oil. Also I eat about 4 oz of meat.

Then I go to lunch. I vary this, some times I have fresh veg juice with a collagen protein in it, with some good fat if I am not that hungry. Sometimes a protein shake. The fruit is my good carbs, good fat is coconut and so on. Or I will do something similar to breakfast.

Dinner I do all sorts of things from baked fish, to fajitas, etc.

I tested allergic to all grains. So my main carbs right now are plantains, yams, squashed and fruit. That's it. Actually I love plantain flour and bake with it. I eat peppers with every meal. They key here is balance. Balance of protein, good fat and good carbs. I am of course gluten free. I never eat sugar, never eat processed foods and never eat out.

Stay way from bad oils like vegetable, canola, sunflower and over veg oils. DO coconut oil, palm oil, olive oil, grassfed butter or ghee. And naturally occurring animal fats.

I may eventually add sprouted legumes to my diet but am not ready yet. hope this helps guide you some.
Thank u so much kevin...
Was a great help..

I am on my 5th day today n i am on the top of the world..stictly abiding by the rules of this diet and i m down by 3kgs already.. Hoping to lose some more weight by the 7th day

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts
Awesome :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi...

I lost 3 kgs till day 4.. Haven't seen any weight loss from day 5 to 7.... Infact I gained a kg aftr day 5...today is my day 7..I really need to lose some more weight in the next few days so can I start the diet again from tomorrow..

I understand this diet need to practised once in a month but I am comfortable with another round..
Can i do that?

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts
You do what you like, try it but just be careful. You know that I say a minimum of 2 week wait. if you do try again immediately, do not do it 3 times in a row.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You do what you like, try it but just be careful. You know that I say a minimum of 2 week wait. if you do try again immediately, do not do it 3 times in a row.
Thanks kevin... I think it would be bettr if i try it next month...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Kevin,

Hope u doing good!
Happy New Year!!
Thanks for bringing in this wonderful change in me.

I had my last gm diet on december,2014.. I lost 3 kgs which brought my weight down to 60 kgs..
I have maintained that weight loss so far infact I lost a kg post gm diet.. Now I weight 59..Have included rice(white) in my diet and have left all d wheat products.. Lessened sweet and milk intake.

The weight chart says i need to b within 51 to 57.... M 59 wic means m very close to my goal right now..

It feels wonderful how the changes took place after the diet.

Kevin, any extra tips to help me achieve my goal would b highly appreciated..

Keep up d good work..

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts
I have to say congrats on everything!!! giving up wheat is not easy, yet is 100% vital.

1) Keep in mind good fats are needed, they are not your enemy. (Good fats = coconut oil, palm oil, free range animal fats, grass fed butter, ghee, cultured ghee, olive oil, coconut, avocado, etc)
2) Try and go sugar free. If you do need sweets use coconut sugar, maple syrup or a raw honey.
3) Try and go 100% milk free, if you have an auto immune issue with milk, it can hurt your weight over time.
4) Try not to snack and learn to have 3 good meals a day. Balanced with good carbs, good protein and good fat.

Always here to help if you need ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi,

I am starting the diet again from today... I weight 59 now..Hoping to lose atleast 3 kgs this week..Lets see how it goes..

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts
Hope it goes well :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't know whats hapenning.. This tym aftr d diet finished i weighed myself and shockingly i didn't lose evn a kg but surprisingly i felt changes in my body
My face got trimmed and belly toned then earlier..

How is it possible when i didn't lose any weight?
People now seem to observe d changes in me and my weight loss

Happy I am but would like to know if u came across similar case as mine before?

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts
when do you weigh yourself?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts