Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The same happened to me

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started following GM diet from 20/04/2015. My weight before dinner on 19/04/2015 was 211.6 pounds. I followed the diet plan given on tis site precisely. After 7 days on 26/04/2015 before dinner my weight was 206.5. It was a lot more difficult to follow the plan than I thought but I managed to stay on track. To be honest I am very disappointed. Now on May 6th 2015 I weight 208.2 pounds so I have gained back 2 pounds even though I eat cabbage soup and fruits everyday. In my case GM diet failed terribly may be it does not work on everybody. But the good thing about it is I have learned to eat healthy. P.S the only thing that I did not follow from the diet plan is on the first day I ate only water melon nothing else.(In other sites it says that having only water melon is even better!!). Please let me know if anybody knows why this diet did not work properly in my case. I am completely healthy do not have any diseases like thyroid, I am 5feet 10 inches.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know that I am supposed to measure weight in the morning. But the weight I lost is not close to what others in this forum have lost.

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Sorry but you cannot weigh before dinner, that is not your true weight so technically you have no idea how it truly went. Sorry. What exactly did you eat after the diet, give me a sample day exactly. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry but you cannot weigh before dinner, that is not your true weight so technically you have no idea how it truly went. Sorry. What exactly did you eat after the diet, give me a sample day exactly. :)

This is what I did
Day 1: Watermelon and 9 glasses of water (I know I should have had 10-12 glasses but I failed to do that)
Day 2: cauliflower soup (Made without any oil or chicken stock) and 12 glasses of water
Day 3: One apple, one mango, papaya, watermelon and cabbage soup(wonder soup), broccoli,tomato and 11 glasses of water
Day 4: 2 bananas, 2 glasses of skim milk, cabbage soup, 11 glasses of water
Day 5: 2 hamburger patties without bread, tomato, cabbage soup and beef strips fried with less than 1/2 of a teaspoon oil and 14 glasses of water.
day 6: Hamburger patty, broccoli, cabbage soup, 12 glasses of water,tomato
Day 7: Moong sprout(raw), 1.5 cups of rice(white rice did not have brown rice), cabbage soup, watermelon,papaya in the afternoon and 12 glasses of water. Measured weight before dinner, lost only 5 pounds in total.

I either walked 25 minutes a day or rode a bike for 15 minutes through out the 7 days keep my metabolism up.

My experience: Will not follow GM diet with the hope of losing 10 pounds in a week again. Gained 2 pounds back in the next 10 days even though kept eating raw cabbage and fruits everyday. but Now my weight seems to be stable. So I have lost around 3 pounds max by following GM diet. GMdiet is excellent for resetting eating habit.

I expected to gain some weight after the diet. After the diet I had whatever my heart desired for 2 meals. I had 4 Toblerone minis one day, fried chicken 4 pieces one day. The days that I had chocolate and fried chicken replaced one meal with cabbage and fruit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Technically speaking I have not lost more than 6 pounds and less than 4 pounds after the diet.

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Well you diet above is off especially day 2. Yo actually do not know your real loss because of when you weigh. Next just because you eat raw cabbage does not mean you will lose weight, In fact you broke the diet incorrectly and eating no fat and just raw veg will just confuse your body once you add back in candy as you mentioned and fried chicken. Sorry. Seems like maybe this is not the program for you. Good luck though :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well you diet above is off especially day 2. Yo actually do not know your real loss because of when you weigh. Next just because you eat raw cabbage does not mean you will lose weight, In fact you broke the diet incorrectly and eating no fat and just raw veg will just confuse your body once you add back in candy as you mentioned and fried chicken. Sorry. Seems like maybe this is not the program for you. Good luck though :)

I forgot to mention I had a cup of boiled potato with some butter on day two in the morning. I followed the sample diet that is given on the site. I had candy about 6-7 days after completing the diet. After the 7 days I went back to my normal diet but tried to replace one meal with raw cabbage or cabbage soup or watermelon. I still do not understand what went wrong. Does this mean after completing the diet one is not expected to have any candy or fried chicken? I believe some of the weight I lost was water weight which I accept. What I find difficult to accept is I was not able to lose more 5 pounds by following the diet. My weight usually does not vary more than .8 pounds if I do not step on the weight scale without drinking a lot of water. Even though I measured my weight in the wrong time but I believe it still gives a very good idea about how much I lost. Thank you for your replies Kevin :)

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Dieting can be tough. I like diets like this for one big reason, they change your mindset about food. From there, I would easily say no to all junk food. However if you must have goodies go natural if possible. Balance your meals and do not snack too much...​

1 - 8 of 8 Posts