GM Diet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Kevin,

Could you tell me what kinds of combinations (between eggs, fish, meat, sprouts, lentils, brown rice, fruits & veggies) can one have during the day? Can you give me a sample menu for breakfast, lunch & dinner from the above mentioned items?

Also is it OK to have some brown rice everyday with lentils? What's the approved quantity to have?

I can't seem to think of any creative ways to combine a balanced breaky or lunch/dinner :eek:

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Hello
I can try and help here, give me 24 hours and i will get you a post.

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Sorry for my delay. Have you read this.​
I eat lots of grass fed round beef. It's just more affordable. However you can replace the beef in this plan with eggs, fish, etc.​
You need about 20 to 30 grams of protein per meal. Likely for men 25 plus, women sometimes less. So when building your meals, make sure if you do legumes you do not eat too much protein, same with meats. You have to know how much protein will be in your meals. If you eat too much protein it turns to sugar in the body. most folks do not realize this.​
Fruits, try and eat with your meal, so the carbs are protein balanced and you have good fat with it.​
BEWARE of snacking, If you want to gain weight, snack often and eat right before bed. Your last meal should be dinner and it should be about 3 hours before bed or so. Good fats will be the fat in the meat, coconut oil, olive oil, grass fed butter or ghee, avocado, coconut stuff and so on. NO canola, sunflower, safflower or veggie oils. Run from them.​

each meal needs good carbs, unless you carb load where you only eat the carbs at the last meal. So you can have some white rice (better than brown, use basmati or jasmine). Or have some fruit, squashes, yams, potato, and so on. BALANCE!​
Let me know your thoughts and we will keep working on it.​

·
Registered
2 Posts
So far, you're the only person who said, "So you can have some white rice (better than brown, use basmati or jasmine)." All the scholars have agreed that white rice is just sugar. Please explain.

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Well do you eat wheat? Talk about junk carbs.

Medically sure rice can be difficult if you are metabolically broken. But it's pure starch,m and a good carb. Are you suggesting possibly you cannot have it? If that's the case then potato is pure sugar. Fruit is pure sugar. Honey is pure sugar. We all no wheat is junk and pure sugar, especially white flour. All simple starches are technically a sugar when they hot the body so to speak. So what do you eat then knowing it's all sugar?

CONTEXT CONTEXT here, white rice is fine if you do OK on that type of carb with a balanced meal of good fat and protein.

Brown rice then will technically be sugar and it's full of anti-nutrients.

Funny, due to an auto immune thyroid response with gluten found in rice, potato, buckwheat flour, etc my only carbs are plantains, winter squashes, fruit and yams.

You need to know your body and what it can handle. 1 thing I will say, and trust me on this, 99.9% of the people that come through here, there issue is not rice in a balanced meal, it's processed junk food, real sugar, bad oils and wheat.

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Good, it's a tough balance. I struggle with too much fruit. Now a days good research shows too much fructose is bad. But I have no choice, I need a diverse amount of carbs. So I only do 2 to 3 servings a day right now.

And funny some folks thrive on low carb.

You just have to find what works for you :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts