GM Diet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Here is a standard meal plan for after the GM diet if you so choose. I do this plan myself, so I will go into some detail as to how I eat and why. I gain ZERO weight s ticking to this, and lost down to my normal weight ass well.

I eat similar to a paleo plan. I do not go low carb nor to high. When I eat now I don't think what can I get away with, I am older and I go now for NUTRIENT dense foods.

I eat ZERO grains, soon may add organic white basmati rice a few times a week, just not yet.

Currently I start my day with a Paleo Protein from Designs for Health (HydroBeef). I am not big on shakes, but I need to up my protein and just don't want so much meat at this time.

Breakfast Idea 1:

The shake includes:
1.25 scoops of protein powder.
organic milk thistle juice (I blend milk thistle seeds in water to make this)
a cup of organic blueberries, sometimes a few strawberries.
a1/4 chunk on organic frozen banana
A prebiotic to feed my probiotic supplement
A half an avocado
a tablespoon or less of organic coconut oil (you need good fats)
I am not doing eggs now or I would add an egg yolk
Funny notice there is no milk product of any kind, that protein powder is sweet enough. I was using coconut milk, did not want the phytic acid from it so switched to the milk thistle juice and it 100% tasted the same.

And on the side plantain chips for good carbs.

Breakfast Idea 2:

Eggs with some boiled potato (your good carb needed), fermented veg on the side with some cooked onions, tomatoes, peppers, etc. Cook veg in a good oil like coconut oil. You can sub eggs for a meat.

Lunch Idea:

I like smaller lunches,
Salmon, small salad, with a lime cilantro dressing (lime, olive oil, cilantro and himalayan salt). Add any veg you like, sprouts are nutrient dense and great. I will still have some fermented veg.

For a good carb I will have some fruit, banana, plantains or cooked yams.

Dinner Idea 1:
Bone soup, I cook in a crock pot on low heat free range meat bones like ox tail, marrow, etc. Add to that water with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (draws minerals and good stuff from the bones) and Himalayan salt.

Pull the bones next day, add meat, lots of good veg, potato and or rice for good carbs. And poof a very healthy homemade soup. Add some plantain chips or some fermented veg. I also eat spicy peppers on everything!

Dinner Idea 2:
Hashes.
I love to scramble free range ground been with zucchini, squash, onion, garlic, some good oil, spices, etc. You need a good carb like fruit, potato, sweet potato, rice, or plantains, etc also. Easy meal, tasty, and you ca season how you like.

There you have it, nutrient dense foods!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dear Kevin,

I know I am not posting my question at the right place but I am unable to find the correct place :-(
Just want to share that I am a big fan of GM Diet and I have lost 17 kgs weight by doing GM Diet (5 times) + work out it 1 year. This is my 4 th day of my 6th GM Diet. The biggest problem I face is water retention + constipation even after drinking more then 5 lt of water in a day. Pls suggest, what should I do ?

Regards,

Nidhi

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Monakshi,

Thanks !

I had strictly followed up the Indian version of GM diet as mentioned on this site. Other then GM diet I have been doing lot of work out. In between two diets I am eating regular Indian food, like dal, rice, chapati & veg.

Hope this helps.

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
chapati will be a huge hindrance in keeping weight off, FYI... Good luck with everything

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2 keys to me to losing weight and regaining health, cut sugar and gluten first. It's a personal decision, the studies are just to overwhelming against those.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Kevin,

Following is the Food intake calendar that I follow.
Could you provide couple or more options for each slots please?

Wake up by 7 am Mon Tue Wed Thur Fri Sat Sun
Breakfast 7.30 to 8.30 am
Mid Breakfast 10 to 11 am
Lunch 12.30 to 1.30 pm
Mid Lunch 4 to 5 pm
Dinner 8.30 to 9.30 pm
Sleep by 11 pm

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just to clarify, you eat at each of these times?

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will reply to this tomorrow. Sorry had a family issues here... I want to make sure i think through How I will post.

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello
All OK here :)

Just a really odd issue with a Will of my mother in law disappearing.

Eating 5 plus times a day is not my thing. There are so many people that say it's best to eat small meals that often. However I follow more the Paleo style and chriskresser.com

I eat 3 meals a day that are balanced with good fats, carbs and protein.

Actually I will be trying carb loading now. My first 2 meals will be all low carb, balanced though with protein, good fat and I will have veg. Then for dinner protien, good fats of course but will eat my 100 carbs or so then. Its supposed to be great for you and amazing in weight loss, I only need to lose a few more pounds, but I'm not doing it for weight loss.

If you eat like that, the meals should be smaller, and still balanced with a few carbs, protein and good fat. Just don't overdo those meals. The 3 meals way seemed so much more natural to me. I love it. I am never hungry and give my body time to digest and rest. Just my thoughts from my studies.

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sorry no....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello

Here is a standard meal plan for after the GM diet if you so choose. I do this plan myself, so I will go into some detail as to how I eat and why. I gain ZERO weight s ticking to this, and lost down to my normal weight ass well.

I eat similar to a paleo plan. I do not go low carb nor to high. When I eat now I don't think what can I get away with, I am older and I go now for NUTRIENT dense foods.

I eat ZERO grains, soon may add organic white basmati rice a few times a week, just not yet.

Currently I start my day with a Paleo Protein from Designs for Health (HydroBeef). I am not big on shakes, but I need to up my protein and just don't want so much meat at this time.

Breakfast Idea 1:

The shake includes:
1.25 scoops of protein powder.
organic milk thistle juice (I blend milk thistle seeds in water to make this)
a cup of organic blueberries, sometimes a few strawberries.
a1/4 chunk on organic frozen banana
A prebiotic to feed my probiotic supplement
A half an avocado
a tablespoon or less of organic coconut oil (you need good fats)
I am not doing eggs now or I would add an egg yolk
Funny notice there is no milk product of any kind, that protein powder is sweet enough. I was using coconut milk, did not want the phytic acid from it so switched to the milk thistle juice and it 100% tasted the same.

And on the side plantain chips for good carbs.

Breakfast Idea 2:

Eggs with some boiled potato (your good carb needed), fermented veg on the side with some cooked onions, tomatoes, peppers, etc. Cook veg in a good oil like coconut oil. You can sub eggs for a meat.

Lunch Idea:

I like smaller lunches,
Salmon, small salad, with a lime cilantro dressing (lime, olive oil, cilantro and himalayan salt). Add any veg you like, sprouts are nutrient dense and great. I will still have some fermented veg.

For a good carb I will have some fruit, banana, plantains or cooked yams.

Dinner Idea 1:
Bone soup, I cook in a crock pot on low heat free range meat bones like ox tail, marrow, etc. Add to that water with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (draws minerals and good stuff from the bones) and Himalayan salt.

Pull the bones next day, add meat, lots of good veg, potato and or rice for good carbs. And poof a very healthy homemade soup. Add some plantain chips or some fermented veg. I also eat spicy peppers on everything!

Dinner Idea 2:
Hashes.
I love to scramble free range ground been with zucchini, squash, onion, garlic, some good oil, spices, etc. You need a good carb like fruit, potato, sweet potato, rice, or plantains, etc also. Easy meal, tasty, and you ca season how you like.

There you have it, nutrient dense foods!
Plantain chips? Fried?

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Plantain chips fried in what? Honey not on this program after some for sauce no big deal...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Plantain chips fried in what? Honey not on this program after some for sauce no big deal...
I wasn't sure what it is called here in Malaysia but managed to find out what us plantain. In fact most Indians consume them as part of their vegetarian diet, me including. However this has to be fried in quite a bit of oil therefore can I use virgin coconut oil to fry these?

1 - 20 of 84 Posts