GM Diet Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Kevin,

My wife completed her GM plan recently and lost about 2 kgs. But she quickly gained about 0.5 kgs back and that I guess is because she started gorging on things she missed for a week. I really had to put my foot down to ensure she sticks to a healthy routine.

We have decided to be completely off wheat and processed sugar - once and for all. Which means, both the lunch and dinner are a cup each of boiled white rice with vegetables cooked on olive oil. I am working on putting together a diet plan and I was wondering you could help.

Breakfast Option 1 - Fruits (Watermelon, Papaya, Apple/Pear)
Breakfast Option 2 - Egg omelet cooked with olive oil
Breakfast Option 3 - Mashed paneer cooked with olive oil
Breakfast Option 4 - Uttapam - An Indian pancake variant prepared from rice+black-lentil fermented batter. Cooked with olive oil, onion, tomatoes, green chilli, dry spices.
Breakfast Option 5 - Poha (Flattened Rice) cooked with olive oil, onion, tomatoes, green chilli, dry spices.

Snacks - Fruits (Watermelon, Papaya, Apple/Pear)

Lunch/Dinner - Steamed white rice, daal (lentils), vegetables cooked with tomatoes, olive oil, spices, and salad (cucumber, onion, raw tomato), with curd

Once in a while, the vegetables to be replaced with fish or chicken curry as appropriate.

What do you think Kevin? Am I over or under-doing anything?

Thanks,
Ronny

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Hello, will reply this evening so that I can give this some thought

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Hello

OK, so the issue with being vegetarian partially vegetarian, well there can be many but in this case we will focus on your lack of a good source of protein and an overload of carbs. Clearly eggs will be the best breakfast. however you have some decent options as well there:
Breakfast Option 2 - Egg omelet cooked with olive oil
Breakfast Option 3 - Mashed paneer cooked with olive oil
Breakfast Option 4 - Uttapam - An Indian pancake variant prepared from rice+black-lentil fermented batter. Cooked with olive oil, onion, tomatoes, green chilli, dry spices.
Breakfast Option 5 - Poha (Flattened Rice) cooked with olive oil, onion, tomatoes, green chilli, dry spices.

However the rice and legume dishes are pure carbs.

Snacks of just fruits will be like eating pure sugar, with no balance if I eat fruit it;s with dinner after having good fat and protein for balance. I eat about 100 to 200 carbs a day. ladies tend to need less my wife somewhere around 65 to 90. If you are metabolically broken, most folks needing to lose weight are, snacking is a bad idea. I eat 3 balanced meals only.

Why so much carbs in rice and legumes and so little meat?

I recommend balanced meals. You need at least good protein for dinner and breakfast. You do not have to eat meat every meal but you need to find your carb tolerance and see how you do. it can be different for everyone based on size, how active you are - etc.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks Kevin for your revert. While preparing the plan, I knew I am under-doing protein but since I am more on the vegetarian side, I couldn't figure out options. While I eat eggs, fresh-water fish and chicken, my body doesn't allow an over-intake of those. I feel really unhealthy and lazy with a lot of meaty stuffs; that's just how my system reacts. Have been staying away from chicken to cut down on cholesterol.

Agree with you 100% on snacking; I think I can do without those; that's off my plan now.

To answer your question, while my plan is over-loaded with high-carb options (rice and legume), the intake is really not that high - just a cup each during lunch and dinner. The fullness actually comes from leafies (cabbage, spinach, etc.), vegetables (cauliflower, green beans, etc.) and un-dressed salads (cucumber, raw tomato, onion). What do you think?

I am also concerned about the missing protein - Do you think I'd be fine if I manage to alternate between eggs, paneer, and fish, during dinner in particular? How about soya chunks (textured vegetable protein), green peas, and beans as potential protein-rich foods. Can also supplement with curd as needed.

For breakfast, I can actually have skimmed milk almost on a daily basis. Do you think that would do? I can supplement with 2-3 eggs on alternate days as needed.

I am really sorry about asking so many questions; I just want to get it right.

Regards,
Ronny

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
soya is pure junk really, think about it the high heat that is needed renders the protein dead. It's a manufactured food. Would you consider a collagen supplement similar to this? https://www.upgradedself.com/products/bulletproof-upgraded-collagen-protein#/SOURCING2

Good to hear you get full from veg :) still watch your carbs though

beans/ legumes and peas are not protein rich, they are not a complete source of protein and the protein they do have is hard to digest. Don;t be fooled by the package saying it has that much. However soak and sprout the legumes and it does make the nutrients and protein more bio available.

Never be sorry this is fun and I am happy to help. pastured eggs from good chickens are a super food, especially that yolk so yes eggs can be great

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Kevin; I get it now. Any final thoughts on the dairy products I mentioned - Skimmed Milk, Curd, Paneer. I am asking on behalf of my wife who is 100% vegetarian (not even eggs).

As for me, I think I should be able to alternate between eggs, fish, and chicken. :) Starting my second GM diet plan from Monday - wish me luck.

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Well has she ever tested OK for dairy? dairy is a huge allergen, over pasteurized and homogenized to death. I recommend cheeses more than plain milk for sure ghee or cultured ghee great. grass fed is possible :)

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
LOL, well no offense be careful who you learn from, that book is a joke actually. nobody takes it seriously for many reasons. here you go then nobody in the world knows gluten like Dr. K, nobody!!!! I just cannot imagine for a simple logical standpoint there is anything healthy about wheat that is full of myoctoxins, molds, pesticides, herbicides, Genetically modified, over processed, bleached and so on. It's a killer actually.

https://drknews.com/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts