Diet Plan during the month of Ramadan | GM Diet | General Motors Diet Forum
  1. Hi there,

If you have questions about the GM Diet or just want to let people know how the diet is going for you, please sign up for our free forum. Look forward to seeing you as part of our community!

Diet Plan during the month of Ramadan

Discussion in 'Getting Started With GM Diet' started by Zahid Chaudhry, May 26, 2015.

1. Zahid Chaudhry New Member

Message Count:
    Hi Kevin

What do you recommend as a diet plan during the month of Ramadan (Starting from third week of June) where we are not going to eat or drink anything from Sunrise to Sunset?
    I do fasting for a whole month but i normally gain weight during this month since my body stores food and fat. Please recommend a diet plan which is a mixture of different nutrient (fiber, protein and essential carbs) through which i don't gain weight and lose some fat from the body or get toned.

I am 5'10" and 195 lbs right now, but my weight keep on moving from 190 to 195 lbs. I used to be 212 lbs about 6 months ago but i controlled my diet and did light workout. I guess i have more muscle weight as well as fat weight. I need to cut down on fat weight

Thanks in advance
  2. Advertisement

3. Kevin W Administrator

Message Count:
    Explain a little more in detail what you can eat, give a me a few examples, I am happy to help....
  4. Zahid Chaudhry New Member

Message Count:
    I can eat anything after the sunset till sunrise. I break my fast with 2 or 3 dates with water and then have a fruit salad (includes different kind of fruits and juices). I normally eat a big portion of meal which includes Pita bread one or two with curry/veg or rice or whatever is made at home before sunrise since i have to fast the whole day.
  5. Kevin W Administrator

Message Count:
    WOW, the worst times to eat for sure, hence understanding circadian rhythms, etc. And the worst foods, I mean your diet is pure sugar and pure carbs no to mention a weight gainer wheat. It's tough you only eat pure carbs, hence you will gain weight for sure. What meats do you eat? We can work something out though so you can do your best :)
  6. Zahid Chaudhry New Member

Message Count:
    I can eat any type of meat except PORK. I eat fish (Tilapia, haddock etc), beef/veal and chicken. I can replace rice with Quinoa if you recommend that. So suggest something which will be a good mix of carbs and protein so i don't gain weight and lose energy. Suggest something which would be the best for breaking the fast, any snacks in between and in the morning before i start my fast ( for 17 hours). I am planning on sipping veg smoothies as a snack in between...
  7. Kevin W Administrator

Message Count:
    Look at this post here, the key will be balance and no snacking... Snacking if you have weight issues is a great way to gain weight. However do what you have to do during the 17 hours. Quinoa is great.

For meals like that page will show I suggest a meat, with lots of good veg and a carb is fine like potato, rice, quinoa, legumes, etc.

https://gmdietforums.com/forums/gm-diet-after-day-7.6/
  8. Zahid Chaudhry New Member

Message Count:
    Is it OK to consume two boiled eggs or egg whites instead of beef soup on Day 5 in the breakfast?
  9. Kevin W Administrator

Message Count:
    if there is quite a bit of beef then yes to 1 egg, less beef 2 fine whole eggs best.
  10. Zahid Chaudhry New Member

Message Count:
    Is it OK to consume gluten free bread, if i want to lose or maintain weight?
  11. Kevin W Administrator

Message Count:
    well what are the ingredients? not to lose weight that's for sure. to maintain? well what does the whole diet look like. Typically those breads are gluten free junk foods.
  12. nada New Member

Message Count:
    Hi There,

Can I ask you , if its allowed to drink cup of coffee with little milk every day ?
    hope to hear from you ASAP .

Thank you
    Nada
  13. Kevin W Administrator

Message Count:
    Not really, the milk is not a good idea, however you can try.
  14. Howard Green New Member

Message Count:
    Keeping a good diet while fasting is often overlooked. But following a pattern of taking diet can be helpful in maintaining health and fitness during fasting.