GM Diet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, Shruti here.
I have done the GM diet previously and it has helped me reduce 3-4 kgs in a week.
However i was diagnosed diabetic last year. I am 23 years old and weigh around 58 kgs. I would like to know if this diet is safe for diabetics. I have 4 insulin injections per day.
I would love to do this diet again as i know how effective it is. But i cant do so without being sure of its effect on sugar levels.
Please advise.

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Kevin.. I am sugar free. Not wheat free yet. I read the thread and I'm glad the diet works in reducing sugar levels. The problem I face is that my body is very adaptable and I don't even realize the up and down spikes in my sugar levels. That was my concern starting the diet. But I think my best bet would be to constantly consult my physician while doing the diet. Just wanted to know if there are any documented risks.

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
well, you are likely more at risk eating wheat, processed foods and such. Be careful day 1, may be too much, fruit, sub in some veg and yes ask the doc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Kevin.. I did as u told.. I mixed veggies with the fruits and I monifered my sugar. Sugar seemed to be very much under control. A little lower, if atal. But my weight hasn't budged atal. I checked and it was 61. And its the same after 3 days of diet. That's never happened before. Wonder what I am doing wrong.

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
what time of the day do you weigh?

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
no, weigh once you wake, after going potty before you eat or drink a thing. That is your true weight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.