GM Diet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi....I am starting Day 7 of the diet and have only lost 2.7kg. I have followed this diet exactly, 110% no cheating and have drank a minimum of 3.25L daily and usually more.

The disappointing weight loss is compounded by the fact that on the morning of Day 6 and Day 7 I have not lost weight at all.

Other than yesterday I have walked 45 minutes daily.

Therefore it doesn't seem that it's lack of water or exercise. I thought maybe my body was in 'starvation mode' so on Day 6 ate more of the allowed prescribed foods, especially vegetables, but to no avail as I have woken today feeling quite weak whereas yesterday I felt great.

Any advice is greatly appreciated as I was doing this diet for 9 days in an attempt to lose 4kg for a special occasion. I lost 2.3kg the first day so really thought I'd be on track. I wouldn't mind, but I haven't done anything wrong.

Feeling really disappointed after working so hard :0(((

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts
Well weight loss can vary.
What time of the day do you weigh?
What did you eat day 5 and 6? This info will help me :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well weight loss can vary.
What time of the day do you weigh?
What did you eat day 5 and 6? This info will help me :)

I always weigh myself first thing in the morning before having anything to eat/drink and after I've been to the bathroom. I'm an RN so I understand the importance of this.

Day 5 I ate cabbage soup and a piece of haloumi cheese and I am vegetarian. This is cooked in one squirt of olive oil spray! I drank 3.85L of water
Day 6 I had soup/haloumi for breakfast. Salad for lunch. Raw carrots and soup for dinner. I drank 3.5L of water.

On Day 4 I drank 4.25L of water as it advised me to drink more!!!

Day 7 (today) so far rice for breakfast and cabbage soup for lunch with a small bunch of grapes.

I really expected this diet to work for me....

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts
Great, just making sure, most do not...

I mean, you meals for day 5 and 6 are supposed to be balanced with protein (legumes, eggs, cheese or rice even though it has no protein), it should have a little good fat (eggs and cheese already have it) and veg.

I assume you ate that 3 times day 5 and day 6 seems way off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great, just making sure, most do not...

I mean, you meals for day 5 and 6 are supposed to be balanced with protein (legumes, eggs, cheese or rice even though it has no protein), it should have a little good fat (eggs and cheese already have it) and veg.

I assume you ate that 3 times day 5 and day 6 seems way off.

Oops sorry....I forgot about that. I ate the rice and an egg both Day 5 and 6. Just one egg/day because of the cheese, but I ate the rice twice, 1 cup/day

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts
Better

see how your day 7 ends. you are drinking tons of water :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Kevin, is it possible to drink too much water?? This seems like heaps - I struggle with 8 glass and 2-4 cups of Jasmine Tea in a day

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts
Yes you can. You can dilute your cells (to summarize) and it can be hard on your kidneys. I always add a pinch of Himalayan salt to my water. So herbal tea is nice, lemon water or even a pure coconut water.

Reactions: Rachel
1 - 8 of 8 Posts