GM Diet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I want to say thank you for answering my questions:) I learned a lot.
(I actually lost 7.2lbs but I gave 1lb allowance since they say that we weigh lighter in the morning)

This is really a challenging diet because I don't eat veggies and I'm not into spices,. (I almost quit in day2 XD)

Some Ques:
1)Any advice on how to add some flavors in the veggies? I only use vinegar tho.
2)Can I put chicken/fish oil in the soup? (for day5/6)
3)I computed my TDEE. 1720.
So as long as I will keep my calories at 1720 or lower than that, I will be able to maintain/lose my weight right?
4) Can I try another diet after this? eg. the "5:2 fast diet" -> that’s five days of normal eating, with little calorie control, and two days of fast where in you just eat a quarter of your recommended daily calorie quota( that is 430 cal in my case)..or maybe I could reduce it to 6:1 fast diet to make it less hard. I did not try this diet before tho.

Again, thank you admin!;)
I'll start this diet again if I'm not busy.

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Hello

I'm very glad to hear you stuck this out. If you;re not used to eating veg and such, it takes time to acquire the taste and desire those foods. It takes little time to backslide back to old habits and bad food.

1) To be honest, I eat habanera peppers on all my food. I love spicy. I am not into spices either in 95% of the dishes I eat. To me roasted garlic and cooked onion with my meat does all I needs. Some try and pick 1 or 2 to use if you can. Sames dried minced onion, garlic, or simply black pepper. I love olive oil and salt on fresh veg and eat it plain like that. Or I love making a guacamole a dipping zucchini or bok choy in it. Try and find a way you like to eat the veg most. Don't ever feel you ever have to overdo it. And you don't have to change it all of the time, I don't see why, eat as you like and enjoy the food.

2) Never heard of chicken oil. A little yes, because you can have some fat on the meat days.

3) OK, be very careful here. Answer this before you read my reply, would a 200 calorie bag of cookies be the same and 200 calories of veg with some olive oil say on it to the body? That is such a massive misnomer. Here in the US, they have loads of junk food advertised as low calorie. I will tell you your body is not fooled at all. It reacts 100% differently to the cookies and opposed to the veg and oil. The fake sweeteners do harmful things to the body. You have to go fresh, natural and real. Processed foods are a killer. Yes you can stay at a certain calorie level but throw your body a curve ball here and there and increase it one day. You DO NOT WANT your body to end up wit ha set point of 1720. What happens is that becomes your new max and it will start to fail you and you will gain weight. Make sense?

4) My advice, follow the plans I put on the after 7 day page before you do this diet. The results may surprise you :)

HAVE FUN - always here to help if you need....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1)Thank you for your suggestions:)
2)noted

3)hmm. But I what if I will eat healthy while watching my calories, and I won't really maximize the 1720.( like once/twice a wk i will go for 1800-1900 cal) Still not good?

4)from what I've read, they said that at some point,you will experience a plateau in doing the 5:2 diet(no weight gain nor weight loss) [I think this is also related to what you said about creating a "new max" since you will be watching your weight]

These are their suggestions for that:
  • Try adding another fast day to make it a 4:3 Fasting pattern as this still allows you some flexibility as to which days to fast.
  • If you want to lose weight faster, or have hit a plateau with the 4:3 Fast, then you might consider doing Alternate Day Fasting.You just basically change your sked of fasting.
But some users also said that they waited 2-9weekstill the plateau stopped. So I'm still thinking if I should do this.But not now since I'm on my period.haha

4)I've read them. Thanks! :D And since I'm not a good cook nor have some of the ingredients mentioned there, I just noted that I should eat 6-7oz of meat +veg+fruits or egg with boiled potato for breakfast, and 4oz of meat+veg+fruits for lunch/dinner.
-Btw, can I eat them with white rice? can you suggest the size per meal?:)
-And If I follow this for 60 days, will I still continue losing weight or my weight will just remain the same?

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Yes you can have white rice, it's a good carb, simple starch. To me, if you are fully healthy folks can fast, for those that are not it can be so tough on the body, people just assume fasting is good and healthy. BE VERY CAREFUL!

To me balanced is the true way to go, I have tried it all, fasts raw vegan, vegetarian and how I posted on that site is a true healing healthy diet.

However I still throw in a day here and there where I eat a few less calories and some days I eat many more.

At this point it seems it's all about trying something and see how you do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts