GM Diet Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi Kevin,

i am on day 4 today. i am planning the below menu for day 5. please let me know if it is fine. do you recommend any change?

Breakfast: omelette (2-3 eggs) with cooked peppers onions etc and fresh tomato with it.
Lunch: Rice cooked with lentils and spices(one bowl) and some stir fried veg in olive oil. plus one raw tomato
Dinner: Rice with spinach and lentil, with curd and tomato. can i remove the curd? can i replace rice with something else? cottage cheese perhaps?

i have couple of questions:

1. it is mentioned somewhere on the site not to have any snacks. are tomatoes or soup okay if i am hungry between meals? (though i doubt i will hungry :) )
2. there are contradicting opinions on brown rice vs white rice on different threads. which is better for the diet?

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts
Looks good, rice and curd only or lentils only best for that last meal. Pick one of the 2. You should not have all 3.

1) Snacks are OK on a day we say to like day 6. wonder soup, you can have that whenever you like.
2) White is better to me, it's a simple starch and brown has anti-nutrients.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Kevin

A lot of doubts about day 5

1.Are eggs,channa, allowed? If yes , how many ?
2. When it says cottage cheese ... Is one whole packet =500g allowed?

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi Kevin,

i am on day 4 today. i am planning the below menu for day 5. please let me know if it is fine. do you recommend any change?

Breakfast: omelette (2-3 eggs) with cooked peppers onions etc and fresh tomato with it.
Lunch: Rice cooked with lentils and spices(one bowl) and some stir fried veg in olive oil. plus one raw tomato
Dinner: Rice with spinach and lentil, with curd and tomato. can i remove the curd? can i replace rice with something else? cottage cheese perhaps?

i have couple of questions:

1. it is mentioned somewhere on the site not to have any snacks. are tomatoes or soup okay if i am hungry between meals? (though i doubt i will hungry :) )
2. there are contradicting opinions on brown rice vs white rice on different threads. which is better for the diet?
Hi Janaki
What kind of curd are you eating? All the best :)

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts
Eggs are fine. They are the best meat replacement. up to 3 whole eggs per meal.
Or Channa is OK as well, not as good as the eggs.

500 grams is 17 ounces. So no. Per meal do 3/4 cup or a little less.

Hi Kevin

A lot of doubts about day 5

1.Are eggs,channa, allowed? If yes , how many ?
2. When it says cottage cheese ... Is one whole packet =500g allowed?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello kevin!. On day 5, you have mentioned that its OK to have a hamburger. I wanna ask whether i should have just the chicken patty or i can make a sandwich with bread and chicken patty. Please respond soon .

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts
No bread!!!! It means just a meat patty, Sorry. Chicken and some veg is fine...

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts
Hang in there :)
Try and finish string and see how it goes...

·
Registered
3 Posts
:( i had a good start in the morning . I had a boiled egg and grilled chicken for breakfast . I also had tomatoes. But in the evening i found chocolate in my room and i couldnt resist. And i had half plate of fried rice too. :(

·
Administrator
2,305 Posts
:( i had a good start in the morning . I had a boiled egg and grilled chicken for breakfast . I also had tomatoes. But in the evening i found chocolate in my room and i couldnt resist. And i had half plate of fried rice too. :(
it happens :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts