GM Diet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on my day 4 of diet plan. So far it's going good. I have few questions goign forwards:

1)By mistake I added honey to my water few times. Is that a major mistake or I can continue my plan?
2) Day 5 Can I eat egg omlet in the morning breakfast instead of beef? How may eggs?
3)To get protein can I eat boled lentils or chick peas or moong protien for lunch and dinner? how much?

I would appreciate your reply so I can prepare my portions for tomorrow.

Thanks,
Anu

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
replied on Facebook

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello, I am Gaurav born and brought up in India, presently working is Singapore. I am 5'6.5" tall and 78 Kgs by weight.
I am planning to opt for GM diet as I found it very interesting. I intend to loose some weight from this program. I have two queries:
1) Being a vegetarian I request a alternate sample diet for day 5.
2) I am preparing for a marathon to be held in July 2015, for that I practice jogging 4 days a week (30-45 min/day + 15-20 min workout (thrice a week) ). Is it ok to continue my jogging and workout while observing GM diet.
Kindly revert on he queries. I intend to follow the GM diet program in the coming week.
Regards,
Gaurav

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks Kevin for the prompt reply. Kindly reply to my second question as well. May I copy the second question again in this post:
"2) I am preparing for a marathon to be held in July 2015, for that I practice jogging 4 days a week (30-45 min/day + 15-20 min workout (thrice a week) ). Is it ok to continue my jogging and workout while observing GM diet."

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Read number 2)

No, you cannot tear down muscle without protein. So it has to be light until day 5.

·
Registered
10 Posts
ah.. ok.. got it.. understood.. thanks.
looking forward to the diet.. will keep you posted :)
Hey Kevin,
one more question, regarding day 5. Since day 5 addresses the protein requirement of the body, and since I can not have beef, it it ok to have a protein powder shake at the end of the day before dinner along with the vegetarian subsides of day 5.?

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
well what's in the shake?

·
Registered
10 Posts
well what's in the shake?
umm.. it basically is mixture of protein powder and water. It is suppose to be a helpful to supplement protein to the body. Example of protein powder is whey protein..
My intention is to fill the deficit of protein that I will be missing on day 5/6 by not eating beef or any other meat. please advice!

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Well I know protein powders and know them well actually. However they are normally full of sugar, fake vitamins, sugars, glucose, junk basically. So I must ask. Yes you can try it and see how it goes :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well I know protein powders and know them well actually. However they are normally full of sugar, fake vitamins, sugars, glucose, junk basically. So I must ask. Yes you can try it and see how it goes :)
haha.. I was wondering that how come you are asking about protein powder...rather I am new to protein powders.. but after reading your comments I guess I should not use them at-least while observing GM diet .
Thanks for your comments.. :)

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
No prob. no matter what the key is nutrient dense, Most protein powders come from junk sources. https://www.upgradedself.com/products/bulletproof-upgraded-collagen-protein

I use this or Pure Paleo Protein Powder from Designs for Health.
Thanks for protein powder suggestion!
Btw day 1 completed successfully, though I peed alot throughout the day but I guess thats what happen when you drink that much quantity of water!
Ready for the second day! will keep posting :)

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Keep rolling. and yes that can be common...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Kevin,
M on day 6 .. I have two questions :
1) can I cook a vegetable from soyabean+tofu. I think that will be high protein food for today.
2) can I have a cup of milk tea (less sugar)..(I am a tea lover and haven't had tea since 5 days)
Kindly reply asap

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
hello
1) Not a fan of soy, poor protein choice and it's just not healthy. However yes if you need to.
2) no milk. tea is fine no sweetener unless it's stevia.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hello
1) Not a fan of soy, poor protein choice and it's just not healthy. However yes if you need to.
2) no milk. tea is fine no sweetener unless it's stevia.
Hi Kevin,
Program completed successfully!! Lost 4 kg... Thanks for designing this program and responding to queries so regularly..
This program also helped me to observe a new perspective towards food,. I wish to keep eating right food in future.. and ll try my best..
I would really appriciate if you coukd give some tips for the same!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Also, please list some good source of protein for vegetarian as your view are different from regular experts online. For example i was thinking soy is a good source of protein as see described online but you advised opposite..

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts