GM Diet Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started this diet today, second time doing it, last time I lost 8.5 pounds but I didn't lift weights, just played some light tennis.
Should I worry about losing muscle mass with this diet?
I lift weights and I do some cardio, so I was thinking of cutting back on the weights at least until day 4 when we can have protein. I don't think I will be able to lift heavy weights with this diet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I lost 6.6 pounds this time. I lifted weights about 4 times and did some light exercise every day due to having a foot injury which makes me unable to run. Cheated a little, but followed it mostly. The lifting was a little impacted, but not as heavily I thought it would be. I didn't go overboard though. I guess lifting at 70% of what you do regularly would be ok with this diet.

I think the lack of protein in this diet is not good for muscle repair, but it still is a great kickstart, even if you lose a little bit of muscle with it.

I have 14 more pounds to go. For these next weeks I will be a little more lax, I will be adding 2 or 3 portions of protein a day so that I can actually have more strength in my workouts and gain/ not lose muscle.

I don't feel like eating huge portions. My hunger is pretty much under control, and that's one of the great things about this diet. After you are done with it, you don't feel like eating so much.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts