GM Diet Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is my last day of 1st round of this diet and am very excited with the way I feel about myself now. Will be weighing in tomorrow morning.

So since my diet will change from tomorrow, wanted to take suggestions on my diet plan henceforth until I go on my 2nd round of GM diet.

- Pre workout - Drink 2 glasses of water with fresh lemon juice + 1 banana.
- Post workout - 1 cup of beans + 1 apple (or some fruit or banana strawberry smoothie)
- Lunch - 2 glasses vegetable juice + huge bowl of fruit (watermelon or melons)
- Snack (only if hungry) - 2 carrots / 2 tomatoes / cucumber.
- Dinner - Few pieces of fruits + huge salad (raw or cooked veggies).

Brown rice doesn't suit my body and had got stomach issues on day 5 and day 6. I put on weight quickly with white rice, so am planning to avoid rice and stick to beans for my carbs and protein intake.

Also, is it okay to eat out with friends like once in 2 weeks. Am planning to do another round of GM diet after 2 weeks.

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
HUH, wow, you don't get any balance to your meals, no fat and way way too much fruit. You have to have good fat. However if this is what you like, go for it. But you are eating way too much sugar in that fruit. You should have protein and fat with every meal. I eat more Paleo. I eat protein, a good starch, of course good fat from free range meat and veg, etc. I do not snack. My weight just naturally is going back to normal. The key, balance, cutting my over snacking, I also drink lots of bone broth. Now if you are vegetarian, you obviously need a good protein source. White rice does not cause weight gain if eaten in balance. I always have a good starch with my meals. I do eat loads of raw /lacto ferments.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm. Not that I like it a lot, but I don't have much idea about it so thought of taking some help.
Actually before getting onto GM diet, I had tried 2 diets of which 1 worked for me and another didn't. Last year, I had tried "Eat to live" diet in which I was eating more veggies, beans and less fruits and with help of that I had lost good amount of weight, but then due to unhealthy eating I gained some of it back. Few months back, I tried 80/10/10 and started eating lots of fruits. But I didn't lose any weight with that, instead I noticed it going up by 3 lbs.

In terms of fat, I like coconut so thought of shredding some grated coconut on my salads to make it tastier. Even I prefer sticking to 3 meals a day or may 4 i.e. considering my pre-workout banana. About protein, I get it from beans and veggies I eat, but I know am still not getting enough. Tomorrow I will checkout the vegetarian version on Paleo diet and will try changing my food plan.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I weighed myself with an empty stomach and I lost 6 lbs. Still am happy about it because I feel great and my clothes fit well. Also I had lost some weight before so I didn't had much water weight to lose and I know the mistakes I made while on this diet.

Will be more careful while I work on round 2.

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
NICE :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am fat and have started working out daily in order to get my shape back..... I swim for 1 hour 30 minutes daily about 1.5 Kms.

I have successfully completed my first week and i am very obliged to tell everyone that i lost 5.5Kgs during the span of 7 days, and wich to be intoxic like this atleast twice evry month. I know there are no shortcuts to weight loss. I used to weight 107.8 Kgs and now i weight 102.2 Kgs.

I want to know, i am a smoker and smoked all time during the diet. I manage to drink aroung 25 cups of water and i felt dizzyness on day 3 only and a little craving on Day 4. Its good i went through this right at the
moment when i realized i could blow a weighing machine.

Please suggest, if smoking is permitted. I understand its a health hazard but still.

Vipul

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
It is not permitted, it really actually messes with your bodies systems (without going into detail) and can cause you to gain weight long term.

When drinking that much water, you likely lost electrolytes, you dilute the needed minerals in you body. throw in a coconut water mid day and some salt in your water once, also lemon in the water every-time if you can.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Kev,

I shall try to reduce or quit Smoking. Also, please tell me what can be the path to eating after the Diet plan is over. I am a Software Engineer, so i really dont have much of body motion throughout the day in office.

Today i went for swimming for an Hour and then i was a little confused on what shall i eat, so that i dont start putting on weight again.

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
are you vegetarian? if so do you eat eggs,cheese?

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Great, give me a few hours, I have someone else asking and will formulate a long - detailed response.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Vipul,

Even I am a s/w engg and started putting on more weight after I started working i.e. no motion lifestyle.

Anyways, I never smoke but thought of sharing some ideas if that helps reducing/quitting. I had difficulties to quit some of the foods/drinks I was addicted to and now I choose the foods from the healthy food stack and try eating it more and more whenever I am craving for bad/unhealthy food.

I love fruits, hence I started carrying a bottle of home made fruit smoothies (mainly watermelon) with me daily to work and whenever I crave I have that. Or else I like to snack on carrots/cucumbers/tomatoes. I used to have 4-5 cups of coffee daily and was able to quit it with help of smoothies.

Hope this somewhat helps. Good Luck!!

Thanks Kev,

I shall try to reduce or quit Smoking. Also, please tell me what can be the path to eating after the Diet plan is over. I am a Software Engineer, so i really dont have much of body motion throughout the day in office.

Today i went for swimming for an Hour and then i was a little confused on what shall i eat, so that i dont start putting on weight again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts