GM Diet Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Kevin,

This is my third time with GM diet. First time lost about a kg. Second time I lost about 3.5 kgs but gained it back.

Have ended my third day. Lost about 1.9 kgs in first two days.

Regarding 5th day, is it fine if:

1. Is it ok to have onions and cucumber with each time I have a tomato?In other words can I have a mix salad on day 5? and up to how many onions and cucumber?
2. If I finely chop 2 onions, 6-8 tomatoes and 4-6 cucumbers, mix a cup of brown rice with bit of ghee or olive oil with salt and pepper and have it over 6-8 meals on 5th day?Basically make a pulao and have it through out the day? or i should consume rice in the morning itself as the first meal?

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
1) you sure can.
2) you only get 3 meals. 6 - 8 not a good idea. But yes you can have it that way, make sure it has a good amount of fat, not a bit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great, Thank you for a prompt reply.
What would constitute a good amount of fat....2 tea spoons of ghee?? And GM diet strictly prohibits use of any oil during the duration of 7 days.
You had earlier also mentioned some where about 3 meals is better than 6-8 meals. Now a days most dieticians advocate small meals, more often and spread over 6-8 times. They also mention about drinking 3-4 litres of water.
You also don't believe in over drinking of water.
Now for a layman like me, this is confusing.
Can you please throw a bit of light on this, please explain.

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Not true, The wonder soup, you can saute the onion in oil.
Also, meat has fat, so you replacement should as well.

Per meal day 5 and 6, 1 teaspoon per meal is good.

Are you hypoglycemic? Then why eat like you are. When does your digestion ever get a good rest? That is old news, sorry to say. I could go on forever. I eat 2 to 3 times a day. I am a normal weight now. I eat loads of good fat, carbs and protein. Of course tons of good veg. Plus, why are you not following the plan here.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it did help.Thank you.:)

Finished my third day. Have lost so far about 2.7 kgs.

Please correct me if I am wrong but to my knowledge, no where was it mentioned on GM diet site to have 2-3 meals only. It said, have as many times as you feel hungry but eat only what is allowed. So If I have missed it any where, do let me know. And yes, I do feel hungry every 2-3 hours. And I eat small portions rather than a heavy portion.And no, I am not hypoglycaemic.

Its been couple of years that I quit my chain smoking and alcohol. But I did develop cravings for sweets after this, specially after lunch and dinner also snacking. Which again I have stopped now. except occasionally if some one offers a sweet or a small portion of a chocolate.

When I say 5-7 meals, I also include three serving of fruit/salad/boiled vegetables/soup in that. So lets say a typical day consists of the following with a gap of approx 2.5-3 hours in between:

1. An apple/Papaya/Banana in the morning.
2. Breakfast- Either Upma/Poha/Idlis as second meal.
3. Lunch-A cup/Katori of cooked rice with sprouts+curds+Chopped salad+ Daal or vegetable with a tea spoon of ghee.
4. A bowl of boiled vegetables that consist of Onions+ Mushrooms/Cauliflower/Carrots/Beans/Beet root/Red Cabbage/Potato/Broccoli. (Atleast 3-4 of the above).
5. A slice of cheese or omelette with two eggs prepared in olive oil with lot of veggies or handful peanuts or dry fruits.
6. Thick vegetable soup.
7. Dinner- A bowl of salad.

I manage to have about 5-7 meals. and interchange soup to boiled to salads.

Am absolutely open to changing it all. Changing it to what makes more sense and is meaningful.
And there fore, All the tryst with liquid fasting, GM diets, change is diet etc etc, and questions to you.:)
Your suggestions have helped a lot. After I finished 14 day liquid fasting , I did shift to a diet as suggested by you and it did help me in maintaing what I lost.

Looking forward to your response.

Also please let me know any literature, or links where I can get additional information of the frequency of meals and diet etc.

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
Snacks are OK on this plan as we say or you can have the soup. I meant don't break up your meals like that.
Sounds great you have stopped alcohol and smoking. So important!

Beware of dried fruits and nuts. They can be hard on folks needing to lose weight because normally they are metabolically broken. Peanuts are beyond terrible. If you eat a nut then choose another.

The key to weight loss is a lifestyle change. If you are vegetarian it can be harder, but it's good that you eat eggs. Take a look at this site. He is the master to me. His research is beyond amazing. He is also my doc. Anything on his site is amazing. start here.
http://my.chriskresser.com/ebook/effortless-paleo-weight-loss/

Let me know your thoughts...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a lot Kevin.
Yes I have downloaded almost all of his ebooks.
And yes, I have to figure out as I go along the diet and life style to not only remain and maintain fitness but get better and better as the years go by which I am sure is possible.
I will keep dropping in and discuss with you.
Thanks once again. Will keep you posted on how this round of GM diet goes day by day.
Cheers.:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Kevin,

Today is my Sixth day.
First three days I lost consistently at 900 gms per day. On fourth day I didn't loose any thing and on 5th day I gained by 200 gms. From 75.6 I came down to 73. And this morning when I checked, Its 73.2 kgs.
I have been doing cardio for about an hour every day at gym and about 15 minutes of moderate weights.

Following is what I had on day 5:

A pulao made of , a cup of cooked brown rice+ 6 tomatoes chopped+ three tea spoons of Olive oil+7-8 pieces of Garlic+1.5 Onion + a cup of curds. Had this for three meals.
Snacks included three glasses of soup and 1.5 servings of cucumber salad with lettuce.

I usually have 3-4 cups of lemon tea during the day prepared with a pinch of tea leaves. No sugar/honey or Jaggery.

Please let me know If I went wrong somewhere.

Thank you.

·
Administrator
2,306 Posts
No it all sounds great !!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts